is it normal to think teens are stupid?

Im 14 but think teens are so stupid i think fights drugs cursing having sex and all that considered "cool" is stupid and not cool am i just lame or intelligent

• NikS

only stupid teens are doing those things- the ones who fall into what they believe is how they should be behaving at this age - and that is all due to the level of influence teens have today - poor role models - as well as poor self worth. However, there are also many teens who are looking forward and who are thinking about their lives and how their action s may affect their futures and are striving to get to a better place -and that is where you probably sit in the thread - this is a good place - congrats on being one of the few who realize that poor behavior and illicit attitudes towards sex and drugs is not in any way normal or rational or socially acceptable behavior

Answer is no, 'cause people can be ignorant without being stupid, and teens are not exempt. However, ignorance is just not knowing, or failure to understand something at the time or place one might be. One thing about teenagers, they are at a point in their life they have opportunity to learn, and that, my friend, is why there's hope for teens, one generation after another.

stupid. sorry, but its only because all teenagers are stupid. I am one myself for a couple more weeks. I am stupid. Until I grow up and experience life, I am stupid and so are you. Some more then others. Some adults are stupid too. by the way, for anyone who thinks that most kids don't smoke weed or drink or have sex before there 18....your age is over..you have no idea. Its a kids job to hold secrets and have fun without there parents finding out.

You have more common sense. I feel the same way although I wish I didn't, I wish that I could be like a "normal" teenager but I can't let myself drink because I know it's wrong. Teens tend to be dumb because their brains are still developing. It's kind of considered normal to be dumb at that age.

As a 25 year old, I think you're stupid. I know for a fact the majority of teens are not like the rest. It's becoming a cool thing for teenagers like you to hate the world.

Not all teens are like that so it isn't normal. Just because there is a mainstream type of teens doesn't mean that all teenagers are stupid because of that stereotypes. There are teens like you out there.

Yes. Teens are stupid.

Yes

most of the time that type of behavior is just stereotyped. not every single teenager is like that, so not ALL of us are stupid. there are just a few bad apples. its normal to think the behavior is stupid, obviously.

No, not all teens are dumb.

I knew my whole life that the moon was never made of cheese, and I'm a teen and I'm pretty smart. I think doing drugs is never cool, as it can corrupt your life and could possibly even kill you.