Pc won't post, beeps 4 times?

Before i start, let me start with the specs as i know you all are gonna ask for it

Intel core i5 4690k

Geforce gtx 970

2gb 1600mhz ram stick and a 4gb one, so 6gb of ram in total (my friend borrowed my other 4gb stick so he gave me his 2gb ram stick)

ASRock H81M-HDS mobo (weird combination with the cpu i know, I'll explain later)

Corsair CX600M

Last week i bought the core i5 4690k to replace my old pentium g3258, but alas, when i was taking out the cpu, i accidentally bent the pins on the motherboard socket, i ignored it and tried putting on my cpu and as expected, the pc wouldn't boot

Then i sent the mobo for a repair, and here i am 10 days later, I tried installing everything as usual and at first the pc did boot into the bios and it said something along the lines of "your 4gb ram failed cpu memory test, 2048mb of ram detected" i then changed all the bios settings to default, took off the 4gb ram stick and the PC wouldn't boot at all, it beep 4 times.. Already tried swapping out the ram back and forth but to no avail, i looked up "pc beeps 4 times" on the interwebz and I found out that 4 beeps indicates ram failure, now this is not possible because just yesterday when my motherboard was still being repaired my friend borrowed my ram sticks and they worked just fine when i took them off, and it's not my CPU either coz its a new cpu..

I called the repair center and they said they tried putting a core i7 4790 on my mobo and it worked just fine. Wth is wrong with mypc

I remember getting four beeps on an old PC of mine. If I remember correctly, it was 1 long beep, and 3 short ones. It ended up being the RAM.

One thing it's not good to let pl use your ram bec it could get damaged via static charges or by their system etc.Many systems require two pieces of ram to be used and if you've a 4 slot ram board two of the slots should be used such as the first blue and black slots closes to the CPU.

You need to be using at least 2 pieces of ram that are the same size and type , its never good to mix brands of ram and some systems may not want to work if two different size ram chips are used together in the first two ram slots.

I strongly believe that your system did let you know whats wrong when it booted up and mentioned it had found a fault with your 4gb ram chip.So if you ask me try checking the specs for the ram in the Mobo users manual or or the manufactures web pg. Using 2 chips the same size and type then install them and see what the comp does.You want to have a good 4gbs of ram in the system so it runs smoothly.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way you can use different size ram chips just use them in pairs.

Your system is failing to boot due to the fact that you are using two different size RAM modules in the dual channel slots. In order of the system to boot you need either two 2 Gb sticks or two 4 Gb sticks. By mixing the sizes the system board is seeing a memory mismatch and causing the system not to boot. Since you only have two RAM slots you must have a matchin pair.

Some motherboards won't boot with just a single RAM chip in it. Simplest test would be to get your other 4GB chip back and try in its original configuration.

• Astel

Just Repair your pc

You stated: "your 4gb ram failed cpu memory test, 2048mb of ram detected". Try removing the 4GB memory and inserting the 2GB stick in the first slot, closest to CPU socket. Then start the PC with only one stick of RAM.

The four beeps have a meaning, check your mobo manual.

It will need a service . . .

so just make a service of your pc . . .

Hope this will help you