Diabetes - what should you do to avoid blood sugar surges if you have a tooth pulled?

I had a tooth pulled on 12/30 - my fasting blood sugar before I had my tooth pulled was between 100 and 110 - but after it was around 180 for a few days and it has been progressively going back down since - today was the first day it was below 110. I was not feeling well after they pulled the 2 teeth and I was in... show more I had a tooth pulled on 12/30 - my fasting blood sugar before I had my tooth pulled was between 100 and 110 - but after it was around 180 for a few days and it has been progressively going back down since - today was the first day it was below 110. I was not feeling well after they pulled the 2 teeth and I was in a lot of pain. I did not exercise as much as I normally do - I wasn't feeling well at all. Now, I'm back to my normal routine, but it has taken time for me to get here. What can I do to better prepare if I do this again?