Favorite/Best Type of Conure and Why?

I'm interested in getting a conure sometime in the next couple months or so. I am financially able to own and care for one and am currently in the process of researching conures in general and selecting a particular species to look into more closely. I first looked into Black-Capped Conures, and I really like... show more I'm interested in getting a conure sometime in the next couple months or so. I am financially able to own and care for one and am currently in the process of researching conures in general and selecting a particular species to look into more closely. I first looked into Black-Capped Conures, and I really like them, but I soon realized there are so many other types to look at as well. because there are so many, in addition to researching some my own, I thought it might be a good idea to ask the people of YA what their personal favorite type of conures are and why, so that i can know a bit more about different species that people hav had good experiences with. I would preferably like one that is easy to keep hand tame (I will be buying a handraised baby from a breeder), quick to learn tricks, on the smaller side, and if there are any types in particular that get along better with dogs (I would never allow the bird and dog out together unsupervised, and never with my german shepherd, only with my Yorkie under complete supervision). Also preferably not too loud. I don't care much about talking ability, but that's always a cool plus haha. Thanks for reading! I will give Best Answer to whomever provides the most informative and relevant answer.
1 answer 1