Did i get ripped off at the gas station?

So, my car was litterly on the red line for being empty, so i went to get some gas, i gave the guy 5 bucks, and he acted as if he was filling the tank up, its done, and i leave, then i glance at my gas meter, and it looks like it hasent moved, so i turn around, and tell the guy that no gas what put in, he tells me... show more So, my car was litterly on the red line for being empty, so i went to get some gas, i gave the guy 5 bucks, and he acted as if he was filling the tank up, its done, and i leave, then i glance at my gas meter, and it looks like it hasent moved, so i turn around, and tell the guy that no gas what put in, he tells me that he did, but that since i did such a small amount, it hasent shown up yet, so i decide to go to another station, and i do the same thing, this time when i leave the station my meter has moved up about 1-2 inches and its very noticable that i now have more gas, so im pissed, and i go back to other gas station, and the guy sticks with his story, and says that sometimes the meter moves up gradually as i drive, and doesent show up right away, my question is did i get ripeed off, or was the guy right?
12 answers 12