em
em asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 years ago

Don't want to double date with boyfriend's friends. Am I being selfish?

My boyfriend and I do double dates with his best friend and girlfriend every couple of weeks. Here is the thing. They are hardcore healthy lifestyle people. They both went to culinary school and they are fitness gurus.

I like to think I eat healthy during the week, but on my days off I couldn't care less how many calories I am eating. I just want to eat something good and greasy with a cold beer on the side. I want to tell my boyfriend, but he and his best bud already made the plans.

I care about him...I really do, but every time I go to dinner with this couple I am tempted to stick a fork in my eye. 80% of the convo is fitness, and healthy eating. I am not exaggerating.

Any suggestions on dealing with this....

He already made the plans so its too late. I like the bowling idea RIVERSfan. ;)

just talk to your boyfriend and tell him what you want

tempted to stick a fork in my eye ...lmao.

They seem health conscious. I would eat a small dish or share your boyfriend's food, so later on you can eat whatever you want. Its hard because he is your boyfriend's best friend so unfortunately you're going to have to put up with it. Perhaps suggest that you guys do something else on the next double date adventure...how about mini golf, or bowling. You can pretend the pins are your boyfriend's best friend and girlfriend lol.

Just say "No thanks. I prefer to do something alone with you"