What is happening to Christians in Syria and Iraq?

Update: @Illuminator "The Christians of the east are suffering the consequences of the sins of the west."

Would not surprise me if that was some truth in. However, what sins?
Update 2: Perilous Times and Perilous Men are here. John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. 3 And these things they will do to you[a] because they have not known the Father nor Me. 4 But these things I have told you, that when... show more Perilous Times and Perilous Men are here.

John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. 3 And these things they will do to you[a] because they have not known the Father nor Me. 4 But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them.

Thank you all for answering.