New generation parking 'fine' Talbot green?

Hi,

Just checking before I ignore this letter.

In a little village by us there is a little row of businesses. Two banks, travel agent etc about 5 in general. It's just above a bus station. In front of the banks is a small car park holding about 20-30 cars. Cameras and states maximum stay 30 mins.

I parked there the other day to use a bank and was there under 15 minutes, probably under 10.

Get home from work today to find a letter with picture of my car stating I have a £100 fine, reduced to £60 if I pay within 14 days. Reason - no valid permit.

So, I have yet to check thoroughly but it is not marked disabled (clearly anyway) or anything else from memory.

A car pulled out as I arrived and I pulled straight in, as I went another took my spot.

So, where exactly do I stand on not paying this?

My initial idea is to send letter stating I refuse to confirm driver identity, appeal the 'fine' due to being excessive and bays not marked (once I've checked this)

This company has had me once before as I overstayed, that was me being silly so I paid it.

Ill pop up to the car park later to check exactly what the issue with where I park and amend accordingly.

Any advice on this from a legal stance and people in the same position welcomed.

Thanks

New Generation Parking Management

New Generation Parking Management

The law has changed, you can not refuse to name the driver anymore as the registered keeper will be chased for the charge. If it is a private firm you can ignore it and take your chances but they are now taking more and more people to court. You take a chance.