New generation parking 'fine' Talbot green?

Hi,

Just checking before I ignore this letter.

In a little village by us there is a little row of businesses. Two banks, travel agent etc about 5 in general. It's just above a bus station. In front of the banks is a small car park holding about 20-30 cars. Cameras and states maximum stay 30 mins.

I parked there the other day to use a bank and was there under 15 minutes, probably under 10.

Get home from work today to find a letter with picture of my car stating I have a £100 fine, reduced to £60 if I pay within 14 days. Reason - no valid permit.

So, I have yet to check thoroughly but it is not marked disabled (clearly anyway) or anything else from memory.

A car pulled out as I arrived and I pulled straight in, as I went another took my spot.

So, where exactly do I stand on not paying this?

My initial idea is to send letter stating I refuse to confirm driver identity, appeal the 'fine' due to being excessive and bays not marked (once I've checked this)

This company has had me once before as I overstayed, that was me being silly so I paid it.

Ill pop up to the car park later to check exactly what the issue with where I park and amend accordingly.

Any advice on this from a legal stance and people in the same position welcomed.

Thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

New Generation Parking Management

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

New Generation Parking Management

• 7 years ago

The law has changed, you can not refuse to name the driver anymore as the registered keeper will be chased for the charge. If it is a private firm you can ignore it and take your chances but they are now taking more and more people to court. You take a chance.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.