accident at work noone will tell me anything?

I was leaving work and while I was stopped at the entrace of my workplace a work colleague didnt see me and reversed a lorry into my car, luckily noone was hurt, my car looks to be in pretty bad shape, although the mechanic there says theres not much damage and that he would repair it, but no one has even spoke to me about the damage or even what will need repaired. this is a week ago Im using taxis to get to and from work (costing a fortune may I add!) Im not looking for compensation or anything just if my boss would even talk to me about it or even my work colleague (they just keep dissapearing on me any time I look to talk to them about whats happening). At the moment Im trying to make light of what happened even though it was very serious as I do work there and dont want to cause any ill feeling, everyone else is just talking about my coleague as he didnt see me there, they havnt even asked how I am or even talk to me about my car. Im starting to get frustrated now at this stage. I feel this could have been a customer and if it was how different thet would have been treated!

Its a busy road I was stopped waiting to get out as traffic is heavy there.

Any advice anyone would be great thanks

• Tavy

You HAVE to report an accident to your Insurers on the day it happens. have you ? if not, why not.

They will contact your firms insurers, and they sort it out between them. You don't have to do anything.

Your work is not saying anything to you as they are waiting for your Insurance company to contact them.

UK

Do this ASAP, or you could be in trouble for not reporting an accident, even if it is not your fault.