Best way to blow an engine?

Long story short, I have two cars that I am going to scrap... both run.

Before draining the fluids and towing them in for scrap, we figure we should have fun and seize/blow the motors.

*these cars are beyond repair and the engines are not desireable, an old Iron Duke and 83 Essex 3.8.

So, how would you destroy them for fun?

• Mark

An old Iron Duke 4-cyl. NOT DESIREABLE?? ARE YOU NUCKIN FUTZ??? Send it to me, I'll put LT-1 pistons and rods in, port and polish the heads and get 300 horses w/ 2 webers! Oh, well. Start 'em, put a brick on the accelerator pedal, and watch 'em blow. Now I'm ******' depressed. Thanks a lot.

• Ian K

Thoughts so far (besides draining oil and running WOT), sand, old bearings, and some change into the intake or oil filler..

You don't want a rod to fly out of the engine at top engine rpm is my concern...

I wouldn't do it for safety reasons.

Sodium Silicate (liquid glass) is what they used in the cash for clunkers program...