Wossy
Lv 4
Wossy asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 5 years ago

Only 4 teams have looked convincing so far, do you agree?

Contenders (before the tournament):

Spain - Out.

Brazil - Not looked that good.

Argentina - Not looked like world champions.

Italy - Beat England but folded vs Costa Rica.

Uruguay - Thrashed by Costa Rica and only just beat England.

Germany - Great vs Portugal but not so vs Ghana.

Teams that have looked convincing:

Costa Rica- Great results vs Italy and Uruguay, can cause an upset IMO, will face one of Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan in the second round, should go through.

Netherlands- Amazing win vs Spain, were decent against the Aussies, who played very well.

Chile- 2 great results, have been better than Netherlands.

Colombia- 2 good results.

I'm not saying the 4 I picked will win but they have been the best teams so far.

Update:

Change 4 to 5 and add France.

France- Best team so far, leaving Nasri out was a genius move.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago

Please don't be fooled by France, beating Honduras and Switzerland shouldn't be an achievement at all for a team that supposedly wants to win the World Cup.

It's pretty much just Colombia and Chile who've been impressive so far. Holland have been good as well but when it's squeaky bum time I think their lack of world class players besides Robben will be exposed.

Still we're only 2 matches in so a lot can change. Brazil are awful this year but pretty much everyone knows and agrees they'll go far.

• 5 years ago

the weight of expectation is crippling brazil and argentina although possessing a great forward line are struggling to be a team, chile have been most impressive so far, young, determined passionate and have a way of playing, i think if the european teams play later in the eveinng they be be favourite, but watch out for shocks in the afternoon

• 5 years ago

France? Netherlands were not good vs Australia.

• Wossy
      Lv 4
      5 years agoReport

Forget about them, changes the Q, 5 teams then, France the best.

• 5 years ago

Ye, Nasri out was a good move.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Definitely France as well, they have had two very convincing wins.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.