Tick problem (car, clothes)?

I live in rural area of the Northwest (Montana). The other day I went hiking for about two hours through a forested region. On the car ride back I noticed that there were several ticks on my clothes. I counted at least more than five that I managed to kill with anti-septic wipes. Furthermore, I was also hiking with... show more I live in rural area of the Northwest (Montana). The other day I went hiking for about two hours through a forested region. On the car ride back I noticed that there were several ticks on my clothes. I counted at least more than five that I managed to kill with anti-septic wipes. Furthermore, I was also hiking with someone else who also found many ticks on their clothes. I am fortunate to be able to say that I was not bitten. I am worried about the clothes that I wore that day and my car. That day I put all of the clothes that I was wearing into the washer and dryer. To my surprise I still found ticks on my clothes (alive) when I took them out of the dryer. I put the clothes out on my apartment balcony, because I did not want to risk having them crawl out into my apartment. I am still worried about my car and I am purposely staying out of it until I know that the ticks are gone. Is there any way that I can get the ticks out of my car and out of my clothes? If I leave the car alone for about a week or so, will the ticks have died? or will they reproduce? same for clothes?
2 answers 2