What happened to my Facebook message?

First you should know that I'm crazy about a boy and so please expect a lot of forthcoming irrationality.

Basically, I hadn't spoken to this boy in about 6 months - he lives in another country and didn't have Facebook so as far as I knew I was to never speak to him again.

Then, I get a friend request from him out of the blue on Facebook.

Yes, I'm buzzing.

Obviously I accepted, but, after a few days and still no email from him, I decided to take the plunge myself.

Only, I was so nervous, as soon as I sent it, I deleted Messenger off my phone just so I didn't have to be anticipating the notification of a reply all night. And this is the irrationality, because, in the morning, when I re-installed it, the message didn't even show up in Messenger like they usually do, even the Sent ones.

So I wondered if it got lost in cyber-space.

I logged onto the computer to see the message I'D SENT was under the 'other' folder. 4 days later it's still there and hasn't even been read as I'm only guessing it's in his 'other' folder too.

Smooth.

So I just moved it to my 'inbox'. Will it go to his inbox? Or am I just a crazy obsessive gal crying out desperately and failing miserably for his cyber attention?

(Please note: Both options may apply)

reasonable question .

Just a facebook bug