'Why do so many women put so much effort and money in to feminine 'beauty'?

How have we become so brainwashed about body hair? All those skin treatments and the hair removal and eyebrow shaping and eye shadow and other cosmetics, and hair colour and conditioners and manicures and pedicures. Why, why, why? Women could give money and time instead to their church or to a Humanist... show more How have we become so brainwashed about body hair?

All those skin treatments and the hair removal and eyebrow shaping and eye shadow and other cosmetics, and hair colour and conditioners and manicures and pedicures. Why, why, why? Women could give money and time instead to their church or to a Humanist organization!
If you're religious, then accept that gods gave you body hair, OK? If you're atheist can't you see that the body hair evolved so it's not a bad thing?
Update: http://westislandgazette.com/images/stor...
This is a photo of me. I have way more self confidence than most women, eh?
Update 2: Where did men get this preference for minimal body hair? Are some men pedophiles and want women to look like little girls?
Update 3: Women are impressionable - yes - do you think this is due to the massive advertising campaigns that tell women we are nasty creatures without the beauty products? I think the economy would collapse if women stayed away from beauty products and procedures.