need some help to understand this?

I've been researching for getting a job but my mom said if I get a job I would lose Medicare can someone please help me understand how to get a job without losing Medicare but still work( by the way I live in north Carolina and im about to be 14 and I want a summer job so someone please help)

Get a Job - Get an education - Pay for your health care - You are only a young person, and have a long way to go. But if you do the first two things, you'll be better for it. I don't know all the details about how Medicare works if you have a full-time job, but I'm guessing you are still seen as a dependent and will have health care benefits, unless you make more than a minimum amount. Being able to support yourself is WAY more important than having everybody else pay for you.

https://questions.medicare.gov/

• Zarnev

You dont' have Medicare. Medicare is for those age 65 or older or those over 18 who are disabled.

You have Medicaid, which is welfare for the poor. To qualify for welfare your household income must be below the amount your state specifies for your family size. Yes, it is possible to loose welfare if you get a job because your household income will increase.

It's just too bad that some people would rather not work and rely on government handouts than to get a job and make a real living. At age 14 you must go what your mother says.

Source(s): Independent Ägent