Baby Chickens Help Please!?
Well one of my family members was a sucker and got baby chicks. Now we are stuck with 3 of them. I have tried to return them to the original owner and he said he does not want them back.
So we are stuck with baby chickens.
1. I have checked and our city permits 6 chickens, but no roosters. How and when can I tell if I have a rooster?
2. What is the best foods for them now? What is the best food when they grow up?
3. How to I make a chicken coop? I live in CO so it's cold here.
4. How big should the coop be?
5. Just let me know any webpages or information regarding keeping chickens. I would hate for them to die. I no longer have dogs as they passed away so we have a huge yard with already one outside pen for a Russian Tortoise (tortoise is small so we have a lot of the yard left).
Please help me. I am a beginner at taking care of chickens.
They are fine for now; dude gave some food and stuff to take care of them. They already have some feathers growing on the wings and some feathers on their butts.
Thank you so much! I would never have gotten them if it was not for my family member that just took them in. I always research before getting a pet, but as this was suddenly I find myself with many questions.