My MS Office Publisher 2010 won't work?

I have MS Office 2010 and when I try to open a publisher file it gives me a message saying "Publisher failed to start correctly last time. Starting Publisher in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this... show more I have MS Office 2010 and when I try to open a publisher file it gives me a message saying "Publisher failed to start correctly last time. Starting Publisher in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode.

Do you want to stat Publisher in safe mode?"

So I click yes and nothing happens then I try to load the file again and it says "Publisher failed to launch in safe mode. Do you want to start repair?" So I click yes and it installs something called "Microsoft Office Single Image 2010" then nothing happens, I try to load the publisher file again and the whole scenario starts again.
I can't quite remember but I think I may have used Publisher on this computer before with the same file and didn't have this problem, but I may be thinking of my home computer.
Update: I can't remember the last time I used it, I don't use it often but I need it to do some college work.