Natasha asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

Does heat defense spray make your hair more frizzy?

I used to straighten my hair without heat defense spray when I was younger, and my hair would stay straight.

I have very frizzy/curly hair, and ever since putting on heat defense spray before straightening my hair it stays straight for half an hour, I look in the mirror and it's like a big puff ball.

Does heat defense spray not straighten your hair properly and make it stay frizzy?

Obviously I want to protect my hair from heat damage, but can't use heat defense spray now because of what it's doing to my hair. Is there any products that can stop this?

I use Tresemme heat defense spray.

Thanks

• Jeanne

Frizz often happens when dry, porous hair absorbs extra moisture in the air. This makes it swell and become frizzy. I think, moisturised hair is smoother and usually less frizzy. So if you like, use sulphate free, all natural moisturising and frizz taming shampoos and conditioners instead of curl-defining ones.

Hello Dear,

Instead of using heat defense spray I recommend you to use this amazing heat protectant,Argan Oil from Pro Naturals.This heat protectant will protect your hair against heat and frizz.Find it online,It's amazing!