promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Will replacing my ps4 hard drive void the warranty?

I like playing games a lot and the ps4 only has 500gb so i need more. I know what hard drive to get its just I'm worried in case i void the warranty on it please help!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favourite answer

No, it absolute does not. Like the PS3, HDD upgrades are officially supported and endorsed by Sony. In fact, they provide the instructions of how to do so on their website (link below), which also tells you which types of HDD are compatible. You do not need to bypass the warranty sticker to access the HDD chassis.

Opening up the shielding to access the internal motherboard where the APU, RAM etc lies, however, WILL violate your warranty.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

Ps4 Hard Drive Replacement

• 4 years ago

Replace Ps4 Hard Drive

• 4 years ago

Assisting your little one become totally relaxed using the potty independently – and teaching methods such as how to pull his pants down and back up, empty the potty, and wash his hands it only take 3 days with this approach https://tr.im/Bq1um .

Start Potty Training can advantage anybody who is getting trouble potty training his or her child.

Many men and women knowledge conflict in the course of this phase, and it’s a valuable reminder that you are not alone, and gives techniques for feeling better about it. This can be a great precursor to embarking on the instruction, so if your small one is still too minor, have a read through and truly feel ready for this demanding and yet extremely rewarding time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 years ago

No, it won't. SONY has stated this several times before. Replacing the hard drive DOES NOT void ANY warranty, despite what the sticker says. They made it that way so that users can upgrade any time they want. So long as the console itself isn't opened and messed with, it doesn't matter.

Source(s): SONY
  • 6 years ago

No, it will not. The hard drive is designed to be removable and replaceable, and Sony even tells you how to do it in the user guides.

If you ever need to send your PS4 in for replacement though, Sony may ask you to reinsert the original hard drive.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Yes it will, you should just get a (external hard drive) By that i mean like a big flash drive you can get one up to 500gb more and that will not void the warranty. you can just Google external hard drive for ps4. also the external hard drives are alot cheaper for a 1-2TB it is about 100$

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Reading Lessons for Kids http://emuy.info/ChildrenLearningReading/?7oxr
  • Scifo
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Yeah it'll void the warranty.

You could try an external hard drive but it would be slower than an internal one I think.

What I would do is just delete games you don't play anymore/don't play often, and install ones you do play often. And when the warranty runs out I'd just install a 1 or 2TB drive.

• 6 years ago

Yes, once the seal is broken the warranty goes down the toilet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.