Where in the UK should I move to??

This is gonna sound so stereotypical, but I need you to bear with me. And hopefully be stereotypical too.

I live in South England, and I really don't like it. Where I live is ok because it's not too rich so you don't find too many materialistic people there (see, stereotype already... I'm not saying all rich people are this way but I certainly find the majority of people in rich places are).

I moved further south to Brighton for university. Hated it. Moved back home. Looking for somewhere else.

I'm looking for a place where the people are friendly. My sort of friendly - where partying is more important than wealth. Yeah, I know, irresponsible, but whatever.

I really get on with people from up North and particularly Scotland.

But I think I need to apply to a university still in England, soo please help me if you know anywhere you think is suitable?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks. And sorry in advance to anyone I've offended by where you live...

Haha, I know Intelligence, it was just too classy for me...

Generally speaking, the further north you go, the friendlier and more down to earth people are.

London

Your are potentially the first person ever to want to move 'up north' from Sussex.

Mind-Boggling

Durham

Manchester is supposed to be a great place to live. It has a uni too.