Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Short story style models for AS English Language Coursework ?

I would prefer them to be around 1000 words and no more than 2000 and it would be really appreciated if they were well written and also if they feature some general short story genre conventions (e.g. twist, speech) so it is easier to analyse them. An example of something I'm looking for is 'I used to live here once' by Jean Rhys.

I've tried searching the internet unsuccessfully so far so I really hope someone can offer me some example.

Thank you to all in advance!

To adeline: I'm afraid we're not allowed to use the exemplar stories as style models because they are someone else's coursework. I need published work that I can use.

• jen

Check your library for short story anthologies

You'll need to go to the OCR/WJEC/AQA website where they'll have exemplar stories.