10 RIDDLES. Who's up for the Challenge?

First one to get most answers correctly will win and get my Points. But the true prize of course, will be the satisfaction of having succeeded. Just for fun. If several people have the right answer to the same riddle then the one who sent in the answer first will get the point on that particular riddle. Most of... show more First one to get most answers correctly will win and get my Points.
But the true prize of course, will be the satisfaction of having succeeded. Just for fun.
If several people have the right answer to the same riddle then the one who sent in the answer first will get the point on that particular riddle.
Most of the riddles shouldn't be that hard, so be game and give it a go ! I will update my original post here with the correct answers, most likely tonight or tomorrow. Just remember we might be in diffrent time-zones. So stay tuned.

---------------------------------------...

RIDDLE 1
You may wish to stand against me but it shall always be in vain. When I win, I end your pain. What am I ?

RIDDLE 2
Two heads I have, twins are they, yet I only have one body. Also, the straighter I stand, the faster I run. What am I ?

RIDDLE 3
Always will I tell you the truth, even though I cannot speak. You will see, if only you look to me. What am I ?

RIDDLE 4
I have the means to save your life, yet I can also take it from you. Disputes I settle, but not with words. If you doubt I speak true, I can with a strong point prove it to you. What am I ?

RIDDLE 5
Those deep in dungeon locked, they will miss me and find me to be joy should they ever see me again. But to those fully beneath my gaze, I can be hell at the worst of times. What am I ?

RIDDLE 6
So often do I find myself swallowed by you when I am less and you are more, yet I cannot die by you. If you should find yourself in my domain however, where I am more and you are less, I can swallow 'you'. What am I ?

RIDDLE 7
It has neither a beginning nor an end. It is just as the world's cycles. What is it ?

RIDDLE 8
I emerge only at night even though I am not truly nocturnal and have not been summoned. At day you will never see me, even though I make no effort not to be seen, for it is not in my nature to hide.

RIDDLE 9
Break it and it is better, immediately set and harder to break again. Of what do I speak?

RIDDLE 10
Often held but never touched, always wet but never rusts, often bites but seldom bit, to use me well you must have wit. Of what do I speak ?
Update: @Leah - You have seven correct answers, if I'm generous, for you have often played it safe by giving me more than one answer. That is cheating ;) The three you got wrong, can you get them right in a second attempt? You have yet to crack my favourite one. Sadly, it seems not too many spotted my riddles among... show more @Leah - You have seven correct answers, if I'm generous, for you have often played it safe by giving me more than one answer. That is cheating ;)

The three you got wrong, can you get them right in a second attempt? You have yet to crack my favourite one.

Sadly, it seems not too many spotted my riddles among the countless questions on Y-answers :( so it seems that if anyone shall succesfully crack all ten riddles, it must be you...

The last two riddles I did not make myself, it ought to be said. I "stole" them.

1. Death
2. Hourglass
3. Mirror
4. Sword
5. Sun
6.
7. Circle
8.
9.
10. Tongue

On answer 6 and 9 you are very wrong. On question 8 you made a decent guess, but the moon can in fact occasionally be seen during day. I saw it here the other day :)
Update 2: @Jacqui - Egg-timer ? I assume you mean the same as an hourglass. By the time you sent in your answers @Leah had already gotten seven answers correctly and I had confirmed so, so you were a little too late and she is the winner . ;) But as for the three answers that she got wrong, and whose answers I had not yet... show more @Jacqui - Egg-timer ? I assume you mean the same as an hourglass.
By the time you sent in your answers @Leah had already gotten seven answers correctly and I had confirmed so, so you were a little too late and she is the winner . ;)

But as for the three answers that she got wrong, and whose answers I had not yet revealed, you got all three of them correctly.

6. Water
8. Star
9. A Record

Leah's Score : 7
Jacqui's Score : 3

I should have liked to challenge you more, hopefully with something more difficult, but with only the two of you responding to my riddles, I guess there's not so much point : /