How to reply to original sender without including subsequent messages forwarded to others?

I just got an e-mail. I forwarded it to another correspondent with an added message. Now I want to reply only to the original sender, but my added message is attached to the original e-mail. I cannot reply to the sender without including my message to the person to whom I forwarded the e-mail. I found instructions... show more I just got an e-mail. I forwarded it to another correspondent with an added message. Now I want to reply only to the original sender, but my added message is attached to the original e-mail. I cannot reply to the sender without including my message to the person to whom I forwarded the e-mail.

I found instructions in Yahoo Mail help for deleting one message in a conversation, but the instructions are incorrect. It says to expand the message, click "more" in the toolbar, and click on "Delete message". However, there is no "Delete message" option in the "more" menu.

Besides, I don't really want to delete my added message to trash, I just want to reply to the original message without including the added message.

Also besides: in any case, if I click the reply button for the conversation, it sets up a reply to the recipient of the last communication, the one forwarded. The address of the sender of the original message is hidden. If I click on the name of the original sender, the e-mail address does not appear, nor is there a menu including "save this sender and address to contacts," "send a new message to this sender only," "view the e-mail address behind this name," or anything like that.

What a mess! What used to be normal, easy and intuitive is now impossible! And worst of all, your new help messages are incorrect, as I also found this morning trying to solve a problem with Yahoo weather. I'm dreading the changeover to the new My Yahoo!

Michael Bates
Tiesenhausen@yahoo.com