Is there a software that can give me the codes to another software?

Next year I will be starting my studies for a bachelor's degree in computer programming. I am already toying with a few ideas, however I need to know, how can I get the codes for other existing software. Not to copy but to go a little further, if you will. Is this at all possible.

You mean you want to view the source code to software that's already been compiled and isn't open source?

You can 'decompile' .NET programs using software called ".NET Reflector". I've used this to figure out how certain programs do things and to retrieve source code for some of my own programs which I lost the project files for.

"Java Decompiler" can 'decompile' Java 5+ .class files, if you're interested in that.

There's lots of software out there that purports to be able to decompile certain programs.

Good luck.

If you want Java source codes, search Amazon.co.uk for "50 Java Program Source Codes" by Chris Clarke. This e-book provides tons of examples of useful Java.

Source(s): Experience

There are lot of sites where you can find source code.

First, decide in what area you want to work