Failed motherboard or PSU or both?

Bought a new corsair case and liquid cooling system.

Asus P8Z68-V board

OCZ 750 PSU

All parts worked in the original case until I unplugged my video card for cleaning. (I turned the PSU off first and unplugged it)

When I moved everything into the new case a few things happened. When I push the power button nothing happens even when the board's power button is pressed. I disconnected the molex plugs on the video card and bam it turned on but then quit a few seconds later. I tried the video card in a different slot (EVGA GTX560). When I plug in the dedicated molex's for the video card from the psu I saw a little flash like a spark and I am worried I may have just pooched my mother board. It will boot and load windows but it is now my final attempt at figuring out the video card issue and now the onboard lan won't work. Device manager says that it is a hardware issue. I think this is beyond the usual drivers and is possibly the mobo or psu that has failed or partially failed. After the little flash in PSU I plugged the two molex's into the video card, the fan spun so fast I broke all the fan blades when my finger touched it and I could smell something burning but there is no evidence. My ram and CPU is fine and this all happened just like that I am just trying to determine if I need a new mobo or PSU or video card or all three. I would think that a minor voltage surge would be absorbed but then it doesn't take much to blow everything to hell. I'm thinking its all 3 since the lan is built in, its driver works yet its hardware related. mobo would not recognize the video card before the swap but i have no way of testing it, cant even get a new driver for it.

• John

" I unplugged my video card for cleaning"

golden rule - if it aint broke, dont fix it.

sounds like you have goosed the graphics card - and maybe the mobo too.

Sounds like the only thing that shorted out was the graphic card , replace it