does intel graphics overheat and get loose from motherboard the like nvidia geforce graphics do?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

No because they are mostly socketed , the reason some gforce gpus messed up is because they were BGA chips Ball Grid Arrays and these balls made of lead free solder (thank hippies for killing lead solder for us all)

And pure tin solder is not good and handlin heat so they would fracture and break connections.

Cpus are mostly in sockets and do not suffer from this problem. but intel gpus are horrid heaps of crap.

Nothing can compair to modern real gpu's from nvidia or ati (some APU's from amd are not bad tho but they are not a graphics card)

And keeping in mind while people say "oh this was only a few chips or a few computers and they are beyond this now"

My m8 bought a laptop last year with nvidia gpu and i7 ....i7 graphics only now ...the chip is broke and he cant use it no more and stuck with built in i7 chip....very very very bad for a 1year old pc that he only gamed on every now and then.

• Me2
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There is no "pure tin solder" in the electronics industry.  Tin melts at too high a temperature, over 230ºC, for use with modern components or circuit boards, and "tin whiskers" form when the pure metal is subjected to DC current.

While poor automated soldering methods can affect most onboard graphics solutions (not just NVidia's), Intel HD graphics, which are integrated with the CPU, are not affected.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes they overheat but is very unlikely to fall out I'm not even sure if it is possible also I'm not sure what the other answer says about nividia gpus falling out they should not fall out or break if used properly and cleaned at least once a year if you are having overheating issues try taking the back off the laptop with a small screwdriver and taking most of the lint and dust out on some computers this can be difficult because of hardware switch wires in which case I would suggest you take it to a professional to get it cleaned

Source(s): Has had laptops for over 8 years
  • 7 years ago

It's rare that something like that would happen unless a good power surge hit the mobo causing circuits to fry up, i have never notice nvidia graphics onbroad graphics to come loose from the mobo

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.