Feeding bugs to my fish. Yuck, but hey it's part of the hobby!?

Hello :) I wanted some advice as how I can become less squirmish towards bugs. I can see them and stand them, but they do scare me a bit. I know they are harmless, but their eyes and legs just freak me out. I feed blood worms, daphnia, and other stuff to both my Betta's. I think about it as red mush not... show more Hello :)

I wanted some advice as how I can become less squirmish towards bugs. I can see them and stand them, but they do scare me a bit. I know they are harmless, but their eyes and legs just freak me out.

I feed blood worms, daphnia, and other stuff to both my Betta's. I think about it as red mush not really worms so I can stomach feeding them this. I understand that fish are carnivorous and need this kind of protein.

I also feed our Family's Oscar Beetles and Crickets, but prefer prawns and crayfish over bugs. I want to like bugs, but don't know how.

I would be sexist if I say females are more prone to this feeling than men, but why is this so?
How can I get over my fear of them?

When I was little we did not have much toys and to boot it my neighbors on both sides were dudes including my older bro so we caught tons and tons of bugs all day; that was our playing time so how can I be scared of them now?

I remember that I did not like it, but I did not dislike it either. I hope I can get over this as I plan to keep feeding my fish what they need.

I gave my box turtle, to my current Russian tortoise vet. I could not stomach having to cultivate live foods for her. I found the box turtle on the road and took her in. Then later could not stomach feeding her so I gave her to someone that could. The tortoise does not eat bugs so that is cool with me. lol

Any suggestions? I have taken care of beetles before so I am no so scared of them. Just the jumpy kind of insects. lol

Well thanks for taking the time to help me :)
Update: Thanks Kelly :)

Will leave this question here and re-post in the Psychology department. I just wanted to know if other fish keepers were able to over come this or if this is something excluded to only me.
Update 2: I also took courses in psychology and I wish that I would be more exposed to different bugs to be able to handle them, but I don't know where to even start.
Update 3: mmm...I suppose in the summer I can go bug catching again or just observe them. I don't know how to handle them. Maybe I can look it up and try that. Right now they are not around as it is cold.