WHAT DO I DO NOW??????????

Basically, there's this guy I kind of know. And when we see each other we have such fun together (which is only rarely because we live quite far apart). But that's all it is - fun. It's not serious.

But he said something properly sweet the other day, and it took me by surprise because we don't do sweet; we just have a laugh, and now I just can't get it out of my head. It's screwing me over. I need to think of him under the same always-up-for-a-laugh never-takes-anything-seriously light but something's stopping me now.

I'm so confused about what to do... whether I stop talking to him (which is what I'd usually do if it were anyone else) because it would just be awkward if I started liking him as we barely see each other, or whether I give him the benefit of the doubt and just carry on as usual.

What do you think I should do?

Don't read so much into it without facts. Have a word with him and find out if there was any true intent behind his comment.

He might have just given you a compliment because it seemed fitting at the time and thought nothing more about it. Be careful you could be passing up a great friendship or possibly your future partner...

Don't be hasty whatever you do!

Carry on as usual. There's no proof that he's serious, and if he's not, it'll be majorly awkward for BOTH of you. But, if he says something else of the same nature, question him on it a little. Best of luck!