Tips on how to end a story?

I have always had this problem. I would start writing a story and then I would have no idea how to end it. Any tips on how to conclude a story?

• Rhum

I'm sure you passed the climax of the story. Well, I don't know what the story is all about. You didn't tell us it's synopsis. So, I'll just cover all the scope of all stories.

Nearing its ending, I suggest you put your readers in a little mixed up of ideas. Bring them into a short dreamland of "Why". Have a tragic ending. Don't let them go with their own speculative normal ending. Inject some twists that they will not forget. Make your ending far more different from the usual formula. Make an outline and work out the twists of the scenes, and not the ..." and they live happily forever after" ending. You can make it!

You could end the story with question. It will get the readers thinking and want more or you could end it the way you satred it. Like the first few sentences of the story, you could change them and put the as a conclusion to you story.

I hoped i could help. Try these websites.

Source(s): www.writingroom.com/viewwriting/wr.../How-To-End-Your-Story www.dailywritingtips.com/story-writing www.aaronshep.com/youngauthor/elements.html
  • John

An abrupt end to it all as a clap of thunder after the close lightning shutting down the TV! The sudden jolt of a slap on the bottom of your foot waking you from a dream back to the real life drama!

If you're planning on writing a sequel, cliff-hanger's are great endings.

Otherwise, tie up loose knots and conclude with a nice cup of tea.

if its a novel, end it by everyone killing himself. makes it VERY interesting. ( that has been the dominant opinion of most of my friends, so i think its good.... unless i am an expert in finding friends as weird as myself :) )