Did Sunday night just prove again that Peyton Manning can't play in cold weather?

It makes you wonder what his stats would be if he didn't play in a dome for the first 15 years of his career. Tom Brady out performed him and Peyton threw a game changing interception across his body. He has happy feet in the pocket and seems to never want to change. He's still having a great season but as we saw before it's kind of funny how Chalise was flipping out. Did you honestly think Peyton could beat us? He's a choker when it comes to it that's why he's 9-11 in the postseason and is why he hasn't won a playoff game in 4 seasons.

The only reason he even won a super bowl was because his defense forced 5 turnovers and his runningbacks combined for over 200 rushing yards. He had a sub par 75 QB rating in that game and won MVP how? He even threw for 3 touchdowns and 7 Interceptions during the postseason that year. He was choking throughout the season but his 2 hall of fame receivers and D bailed him out like always.

Peyton is having a great season and is arguably the best QB in the AFC West but it makes you wonder how many rings Brady would have if he was on the Colts and Broncos. I'd say 6 maybe even 7. Peyton should try using Reche Caldwell as his number 1 receiver like Brady did in 2006 and see where that gets him. Brady took them 12-4 Peyton would probably just yell at him and cry to a 6-10 record.

Brady > Manning

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago

I agree. Peyton is a choker, Brady would've won the Super Bowl 5 or more times, and he wouldn't have gotten pick-sixed by Porter in the Super Bowl. Also, Manning's Colts had a stretch of like 3 or 4 years where they started 9-0 each season. I think Brady would've at least gone 16-0 in the regular season twice in the years Colts started 9-0 under Manning. And he would've capped it off with a SB win.

@Texas Dude, you can't be serious. Curtis Painter took over a Colts team that went 10-6 with Manning the year before, while Cassel quarterbacked a Pats team that went 16-0 the year before. And Cassel sucked against any defense that was above average, like the Steelers and Colts. Brady would've torched the Steelers secondary like he has always done, and he also would've put up better numbers against the Colts -Pats D held them to 18 points so it most likely would've been a Pats win- while leading the Pats to a 14-2 or better record, and he probably would've set more records that year because they still had Moss in his prime, with Welker and a few other good players.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Brady > Manning [2]

@Texas: Lol that is so ignorant. The team that went 11-5 without Brady had gone 16-0 with him the previous one. Which goes to show if you put Brady on an elite roster they can go 16-0. If you took out Brady in the 2012 season no way would they have made the playoffs. Mallet could not lead a tean with the 31st ranked defense.

btw, before Brady showed up that Belichick defense couldnt win jack. But Brady was and still is a player who can make the best out of what he's got as evident by his season.

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Having watched his career unfold before my very eyes in the last 20 years, I believe that Peyton Manning is the better overall quarterback. Unlike Tom Brady, who only excelled in the NFL, Manning succeeded at all 3 levels of football (high school, college, and the NFL). In fact, I still remember back in the summer of 1993, when Peyton was the top prospect in high school football.

• 6 years ago

Yes, Denver is cold during the second half of the season. However, Peyton admitted a long time ago he hates throwing in the cold.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Brady rode the Pats defense to 3 Super Bowl wins. He needed an entirely new rule created just so he could get to the Big Game. Take Brady away from the Pats and they go 11-5. Take Peyton away from the Colts and they go 2-14. This is the reason he's a 4, soon to be 5, time MVP.

Source(s): Brady plays on great teams. Peyton makes teams great.
  • 6 years ago

Another Rhetorical Comment Posing As A Question.

You are not asking a question but trying to justify an answer.

• 6 years ago

Well I don't know about the weather but Payton never beat my Gators and every year he had "happy feet". That said football is a team game and he does not play D, nor catch passes or block.

• 6 years ago

That's why the Colts opened their roof so I think he has a weakness to the cold.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Denver's cold dumbass

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

No

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.