Michael Caine is my Nans cousin. What relation to him does that make me?

I think he is like my 2nd cousin twice removed but not sure.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ai1B1HrpQI/UodhgGGBzlI/...

• Oliver

No, you would not be Michael Caine's second cousin twice removed. Where did you get that from? If you are the grandchild of his first cousin, you would be his first cousin twice removed.

To clarify the standard terminology for cousin relationships:-

- If A and B are siblings, then A's children are first cousins of B's children.

- If A and B are first cousins, then A's children are second cousins of B's children.

- If A and B are second cousins, then A's children are third cousins of B's children.

And so on.

Note that first cousins, second cousins, third cousins, and so on are always members of the same generation.

Relatives in later generations are some number of times "removed". The number of times "removed" is the number of generations that separate the two individuals. So, for example, if Michael Caine and your Nan are first cousins, then your Nan's children are Michael Caine's first cousins once removed, your Nan's grandchildren are Michael Caine's first cousins twice removed, and so on.

Source(s): I've been interested in genealogy for more than 20 years.

I believe your correct.