Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How is being gay a "lifestyle choice"?

I am gay, I didn't choose to be this way, why would I ? Anyone who claims its a "Choice" has no idea what they are talking about.

• Seph

Funnily enough the only people who think homosexuality is a choice are heterosexual christians

Exactly. If someone says being gay is a choice, then they're implying that all gay people were straight, and then chose to be gay. Why and how would a straight man choose to be gay?! How would someone just make themselves start liking something they are currently repulsed by, as a heterosexual. Same thing the other way around, a gay person couldn't just choose to be straight either.

It's not a choice, it's a biological wiring defect. I am in no way being homophobic here just telling it like it is. It's been established that the meaning of life for every creature is to reproduce and pass on it's genes to the next generation. Being gay means that somewhere something has gone wrong with the biological wiring, just the same as gender confusion issues etc. It just happens, it's not a choice.

I guess there are a bunch of closeted gay people that decided to try to be straight that made up that line of bs or just a bunch of delusional straights did it.

I am straight. I never made a decision to be straight. I don't think anyone else did either. I am pretty sure based on basically everything that you never made a choice to be gay just like no one in the history of ever decided to be straight. Why would you? "Yes I would like some of that condescending bs and persecution please." Yea right.

How is god and creationism an explanation for life and everything this planet?

It's not, neither is being gay!

The answer to both is in science and nature and can be explained by evolution.

No point arguing with idiots or bigots

Being gay may not be a choice but hitting on straight people is. I have never met a gay person that did not try to have sex with straight people regardless of marriage, children, or anything else.

• Raven

Straight people can't help who they fall in love with so why is it different for gay people. I believe being Gay isn't a choice

I don't think anybody knows why...

There are religious people who are heavily against homosexuality that end up being homosexuals themselves, and hate themselves for it. So it's obviously not a choice.

• Paz

If being gay is a lifestyle choice, then even being a heterosexual or abstinent is a choice, so what's your point?

It’s religion that is a lifestyle choice not something you are born with.

• ?

Homosexuality is neither by choice nor is it genetic. It is a judgment from God for the wickedness of man as fully explained in Romans 1:18-32. Study it carefully and you'll see the cause and effect. That's why verse 24 begins with "therefore", verse 26 begins with "because of this" and verse 28 begins with "furthermore".

We have to understand that we determine the course of our lives by the choices we make. We demonstrate our wishes through the persistence of our choices, and God helps us bring them to their ultimate conclusion. For those who wish to spend eternity with God, He gave His own life to make it possible. For those who wish never to hear about Him again, He provides an eternity completely devoid of His presence. Either we agree to let His will be done in our lives, or He will agree to let our will be done. It’s our choice.

As I've stated homosexuality is not by choice. Rejecting God is. And because people reject God He gives them over to their own sinful desires.

However, while homosexuality is a sin, all sin can be forgiven for those who will humble themselves and ask for it (Matthew 7:7-8).