Fish Tank Sand Questions!?

Hello! I have a 30gal Cichlid Tank, I wanted to put something nicer for the bottom of the tank because I have gravel but I find it always looks a little dirty they're white so the colour changed a little, I also have 3 small eels who bury, I wanted to put in sand but I don't know much about it other then on... show more Hello! I have a 30gal Cichlid Tank, I wanted to put something nicer for the bottom of the tank because I have gravel but I find it always looks a little dirty they're white so the colour changed a little, I also have 3 small eels who bury, I wanted to put in sand but I don't know much about it other then on many threads people say it's better for the fish's health. Plus I'm a little tired of the cichlids redecorating my tank with moving the gravel, right now looks like a giant crater in the middle of the tank with a bunch of hills. I also have a crayfish but I don't know if he'll be affected by any bottom tank stuff. I have a couple questions

1) How to clean it?
2) Any specific brand?
3) Is it easy to clean, if not how difficult?
4) Is it actually better for the fish
5) Is it worth it?

If there is any other type of gravel or something else for the bottom of the tank please let me know :)
Update: I also have a normal gravel cleaner with a pump I don't now if that will make a difference.