Question about Katy Perry?

Kind of weird, since I actually usually don't listen to much mainstream music(I am more into supporting new musicians for whatever reason). Anyways, a few days ago I heard Roar on the news, and didn't listen to the name of the artist, but really liked the song. Then later that day I ended up finding a... show more Kind of weird, since I actually usually don't listen to much mainstream music(I am more into supporting new musicians for whatever reason).

Anyways, a few days ago I heard Roar on the news, and didn't listen to the name of the artist, but really liked the song. Then later that day I ended up finding a cover of Roar completely by accident and then noticed the name Katy Perry, for whatever reason I can't remember which artist that is.

Then again, about 2 hours ago, I heard another of Katy Perry's songs when I changed the channel by accident, when my mom commented saying something sort of negative, I decided to act stupid and ask who Katy Perry is. Anyways, she told me that Katy Perry is an ex-Catholic bisexual homosexual and she is bad. I could care less about the Catholic part, but I think the homosexual part had the opposite effect of what my mom expected, and I became a bit more interested(I sort of support LGBT since I consider myself so be closer to a female than more born gender of male, though my parents don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they suspect I am gay or something since it seems like everyone thinks I am gay).

Anyways, it is pretty obvious my family is very much against everything LGBT, so that really scares me when it comes to my own issues.

But for whatever reason, I really really like Katy Perry's music. So just wondering are my parents right that she is a bad person or whatever? I really don't care but I am worried a family member will see my youtube account where I clearly listen to music like that(weird thing though, most of my favorite artist either are part of LGBT, or support it in some way).
Update: Wait, she sang "I kissed a girl"? Well, that explains a bit. The youth group I went to before it died out was always saying she is bad then, like they would let us listen to music there, but anything like Katy Perry's music wasn't allowed for whatever reason. The leader person pretty much said... show more Wait, she sang "I kissed a girl"? Well, that explains a bit. The youth group I went to before it died out was always saying she is bad then, like they would let us listen to music there, but anything like Katy Perry's music wasn't allowed for whatever reason.

The leader person pretty much said that we don't understand the meaning of "I kissed a girl", which looking back at it, I find that is a stupid thing to say. Because the song might mean something different for different people, like how Nine Inch Nails wrote "Hurt" as a song about a teen, then Johnny Cash covered it as a song about an old man looking back at his life.\

Anyways, I doubt my parents will let me buy any of Katy Perry's music(they have control of iTunes so I understand that part, even my brother joined in saying bad stuff about the music I listen too, don't think they realized Lecrae is a Christian). So, going to stick with youtube for now.

Also, Fireworks does s