How much ought I pay for a builder per day?

I am having my bathroom refitted, old suite taken out, new suite installed, old tiles removed, retiling carried out, fitting of radiator rail, laying of new tile flooring and installation of false ceiling with sunken lights. Builder has quoted me £1800 for doing this over 2 weeks. Speaking to work colleague whose... show more I am having my bathroom refitted, old suite taken out, new suite installed, old tiles removed, retiling carried out, fitting of radiator rail, laying of new tile flooring and installation of false ceiling with sunken lights. Builder has quoted me £1800 for doing this over 2 weeks. Speaking to work colleague whose husband was a builder she said that is way too high and told me how she had her kitchen stripped out and a new one installed for £500. I thought the price I was quoted was reasonable. I had three quotes, asked for references, asked to see pictures of previous works and this chap seemed the most reasonable. Now I am wondering if my colleague is right and I am in the danger of being overcharged. Any feedback or answers appreciated.
5 answers 5