Why is it that some Christians seem to think that everyone on the planet believes in their religion?

They just kind of disregard other religions. Not all Christians, mind you, some of my closest friends are Christian and they aren't like that at all. But some just want everyone to follow the same rules they live by. And then there's the whole deal about them not understanding why it bothers some people... show more They just kind of disregard other religions. Not all Christians, mind you, some of my closest friends are Christian and they aren't like that at all. But some just want everyone to follow the same rules they live by. And then there's the whole deal about them not understanding why it bothers some people that Christmas decorations are up everywhere during that time of year (A lot of Jews actually keep their children at home; I know because I was raised Jewish and and went to a Jewish school in my earlier schooling years), or why it bothers some people (atheists, polytheists, ect) how the Pledge and money has stuff about god in it, or why it would make us feel uncomfortable if teachers led prayers in public schools. Some Christians are astonished when they ask me about my views on Jesus and the bible and I tell them I'm not Christian. It's like they forgot that there are other religions out there. Most of the world's religions were here before Christianity, and the only reason Christianity has the most followers is because the other religions didn't go around forcing people to convert and killing them if they didn't. So why do some Christians just seem to forget about other beliefs entirely?
Update: NCWJ: Alright, so here's what's up. You're going to hell. The bible says so. Why? Because I'll bet you eat bacon every now and then, or shellfish. I also bet you wear a shirt that has both cotton and polyester in it and you're not supposed to do that, either. Ever looked at a woman sexually who... show more NCWJ: Alright, so here's what's up. You're going to hell. The bible says so. Why? Because I'll bet you eat bacon every now and then, or shellfish. I also bet you wear a shirt that has both cotton and polyester in it and you're not supposed to do that, either. Ever looked at a woman sexually who wasn't your wife? You're going to to hell for it. If you ARE a woman, you shouldn't be here voicing your opinion because you aren't supposed to have them. If you ever touched a woman on her period or touched others while you're on yours if you are one, you're going to hell. I could go on. This is all from the bible, mind you, so you can't argue with me.
Update 2: mizzpretti: There is nothing wrong with believing in something that makes you happy, and I don't think anyone should be prosecuted for their beliefs as long as they don't force them upon other people. But the thing is, I haven't seen Christians getting prosecuted. Maybe it's because I live in a very... show more mizzpretti: There is nothing wrong with believing in something that makes you happy, and I don't think anyone should be prosecuted for their beliefs as long as they don't force them upon other people. But the thing is, I haven't seen Christians getting prosecuted. Maybe it's because I live in a very religious area, though, so don't quote me on that.
Update 3: That's nice, Joseph, but I don't want eternal life and I don't want to be saved. I would be miserable as a Christian. And while I respect your right to believe what you want, I certainly don't respect your god. He is murderous and cruel and I want nothing to do with such an evil being.