Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

Why is it that some Christians seem to think that everyone on the planet believes in their religion?

They just kind of disregard other religions. Not all Christians, mind you, some of my closest friends are Christian and they aren't like that at all. But some just want everyone to follow the same rules they live by. And then there's the whole deal about them not understanding why it bothers some people that Christmas decorations are up everywhere during that time of year (A lot of Jews actually keep their children at home; I know because I was raised Jewish and and went to a Jewish school in my earlier schooling years), or why it bothers some people (atheists, polytheists, ect) how the Pledge and money has stuff about god in it, or why it would make us feel uncomfortable if teachers led prayers in public schools. Some Christians are astonished when they ask me about my views on Jesus and the bible and I tell them I'm not Christian. It's like they forgot that there are other religions out there. Most of the world's religions were here before Christianity, and the only reason Christianity has the most followers is because the other religions didn't go around forcing people to convert and killing them if they didn't. So why do some Christians just seem to forget about other beliefs entirely?

NCWJ: Alright, so here's what's up. You're going to hell. The bible says so. Why? Because I'll bet you eat bacon every now and then, or shellfish. I also bet you wear a shirt that has both cotton and polyester in it and you're not supposed to do that, either. Ever looked at a woman sexually who wasn't your wife? You're going to to hell for it. If you ARE a woman, you shouldn't be here voicing your opinion because you aren't supposed to have them. If you ever touched a woman on her period or touched others while you're on yours if you are one, you're going to hell. I could go on. This is all from the bible, mind you, so you can't argue with me.

mizzpretti: There is nothing wrong with believing in something that makes you happy, and I don't think anyone should be prosecuted for their beliefs as long as they don't force them upon other people. But the thing is, I haven't seen Christians getting prosecuted. Maybe it's because I live in a very religious area, though, so don't quote me on that.

That's nice, Joseph, but I don't want eternal life and I don't want to be saved. I would be miserable as a Christian. And while I respect your right to believe what you want, I certainly don't respect your god. He is murderous and cruel and I want nothing to do with such an evil being.

They only believe that until you tell them they can't force their religion on others. Then they'll break down with the whole "persecution" thing and act like the whole world is against them.

@NCWJ: Glad to see that you've given up being a crazy person and just settled for posting random Bible verses instead.

• Joseph

There is but one God, that we all need worship our, heavenly Father. In being obedient unto HIS commandments, and in following after the example of HIS beloved son Jesus Christ, who is our brother. We who so call our selves a Christians, if we do not this, then we are no christian. But rather disobedient children of God.

They who think to mock God, to trample underfoot his laws, his ways, shell suffer the punishment of a just God . for what we do we do unto our selves, and there be no others to blame, when we go before the lord to be Judged ,of our works wither they be good or evil.

One God one religion, all others practice priest craft, having know authority to preach the gospel or even build up churches unto God. our world is not what we think it is evil is all around us .the workings of the devil deceives billions of people today and has for thousands of years. seek for your own Salvation, for only thru and in the name of Jesus Christ can man be saved, and there be no other way.

As a Christian I'm aware that other religions exist. We get persecuted a lot for our beliefs .

Romans 1: 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Source(s): you asked....