How to tolerate music you don't like?

Before I begin this let me just tell you that their are only three genres of music that I don't like. Rap, Hip Hop, and Alternative. *everything else I like: country, rock, opera, classical, folk, violin, elevator music, metal, electro, contemporary, jazz, french, italian, 50's music, 80's,... show more Before I begin this let me just tell you that their are only three genres of music that I don't like. Rap, Hip Hop, and Alternative.

*everything else I like: country, rock, opera, classical, folk, violin, elevator music, metal, electro, contemporary, jazz, french, italian, 50's music, 80's, 70's, 60's, and even some 90's*

So anyways, I was at a friends house and coincidentally enough the only music my friends seem to enjoy is rap, hip hop, and alternative. Now don't get me wrong. I don't want everybody to be like me and enjoy the same music as me but, just think about sitting in a room for an entire day with nothing but your most hated genres of music playing in the background. You can't even hear yourself think.

By the time morning came I was done with it, I essentially said "How can you guys listen to this garbage" (with some added vulgarity that I regret saying)...... and then I walked out and they went silent for a while.

That wasn't how I wanted to come off I just got soooooo tired of it. And to be fair here, they know darn well that I hate that music. Can you please tell me, how can I tolerate music I don't enjoy and not come off as a total buzz kill.

Like should I just pretend I like it and embrace it or should I just act like an indifferent fly in a milk carton.