I'm terrible at grammar can anyone grammar check this or give me some ideas to make it better?

The day began as usual, I woke up brushed my teeth and ate a small breakfast, until my friend called me a little while after to see if I would be interested in going to the his place, then to the movies with a group of friends, I undoubtedly said yes. Looking ... show more The day began as usual, I woke up brushed my teeth and ate a small breakfast, until my friend called me a little while after to see if I would be interested in going to the his place, then to the movies with a group of friends, I undoubtedly said yes. Looking forward to the movie night I swiftly packed my stuff and was heading to his house. I began my journey to learning an important life lesson not knowing what was to come. While on my way I passed a horrific car wreck. with a feeling of sinister running through my veins, never having experienced this before I attempted to look away from the wreckage. Spotting an average sized mutt with two white dots and a clipped tail walking away with no care in the world.

Finally arriving at my friend’s house I got out of the car in excitement ready for the movie. As I was entering the house I could smell freshly baked homemade bread, which at the moment I will admit it would have been worth dying for. As I was approaching the basement door I could hear the knob quickly turning. Luckily I decided to back away for my friend was opening it with fury, as he passed me he said “come on were going to pick up Nathan” I asked him why with curiosity in my voice. He said “his car broke down and we have to pick him up at the gas station next to the Walmart”. We were right about to leave until his mom quickly neared in on the vehicle to tell us to drive safe and not to play the radio, being fairly new drivers I could see what she was saying made since however I did not like it at the time. My friend silently whispered to me, don’t worry were going to play music as she was walking away. We waited a bit before turning the radio on, to make sure that his mom would not know we disobeyed her wish. As we turned on the radio we noticed that our favorite song was coming up, out of joy he decided to turn it up. Gaining adrenalin from the song he accelerated with exhilaration I quickly stopped him from becoming vin diesel in fast and the furious.
The song was coming to an end so he decided to change the station on the radio while looking down and forgetting about driving for a brief second he sped up just a little. Unfortunately a right turn was coming up ahead. I rapidly warned him as we came ever closer to that right turn. finally aware of what was going on he quickly turned, unfortunately turning too much which forced us off the road, even more frightened of what was to come, he turned even sharper to the other direction putting us back on the road. Laughing; my friend looked at me and shouted, Hah! That was close. As I was about to agree I saw a dog ahead on the road. With a look of distress on my face my friend soon realized what was about to happen, as I embraced for impact of the dog, I felt an extreme jerk I looked over and saw my friend turning the steering wheel as vigorously as he could. Embracing for a new kind of impact I grasped my chair as tightly as I could, the car began to roll on its back twice then finally landing back on the tire’s just before it was about to hit a tree.
Realizing I was in a car accident I checked for any injuries on my body as did my friend by the grace of God we were unharmed, so we both got out of the car with appall. As my friend began to inspect the car for damage, I began to think about what happened and that it was the radio that was the initial cause of the accident. While I was regretting turning it on I looked over to find a dog walking away that looked very similar to the one I saw earlier. I began to chase after it hoping to figure out if that was the same mutt, but as I started running it ran even faster into the woods to disappear. I still do not know to this day if that is the same animal I saw earlier that day but I do know that I have learned greatly from my mistake of disobedience and shall never make the same mistake again.