Julia
Julia asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

How do you define "fun"?

What is fun?

What does the word fun mean to you personally?

How do you know when you are having fun?

What makes something seem fun?

What do you do to have fun?

Do you think adults get enough fun or is it more of a child's domain?

What do you think the "purpose" or "point" of fun is?

You don't have to answer each and every question, the questions are more for brain stimulation and to get you thinking... i am interesting you other people's views on the concept and purpose of fun.

It's being totally absorbed in what you're doing, the mind is not disturbed or distracted by other thoughts. There is only the living moment and the sense of time is gone. For a child, all the senses are in tune, they want to see, hear, touch, smell and taste what's in front of them. That's why they bite or chew on their toys, play with their food, eat stuff they're not suppose to eat, hit, throw, squeeze, scratch, whatever they encounter. Animals do the same. An adult's sense of fun could be a form of relief, being free from all the things going on in the mind. It's all about playfulness. When it comes to "making love", a couple have fun when they're playful and curious about each other. They're not in a hurry, they really sense and feel each other. Whatever it is we're doing, it's fun when it's like play. It's not a chore, a job, there's no worry of mistakes or danger. Just full of wonder, curiousity, experimentation, the mind is not calculative or serious in the doing. Doesn't matter what you're doing, You're simply in joy and enjoy what you're doing. It's the stimulation of the senses, there is no past or future, just unending flow of "nows" and "moments" a state of peace and bliss.

Fun is where you feel totally comfortable relaxed and happy and where you are willing to try things you enjoy doing for the hell of it and you get pleasure from the results. You forget all your cares and worries, fun makes you smile and laugh.

If it is of interest and curiosity to you and you feel like you can relax and let yourself go then it will usually seem fun to you.

I must say I have not done much that is fun recently; I went to a theme park a couple of months or so ago though and I would class that as 'fun'.

It depends on the kind of adult really. Fun can also be found in nightclubs and things as well by the way.

The point of fun is for social cohesion and a 'high' off trying different things making your mood happier. Fun excites your nervous system which makes it feel fun.

To me fun is sharing minutes and hours of your life enjoying yourself with the people you love. Laughing so hard you cry. Fun can happen with anyone and anywhere. Fun makes memories. Fun doesn't matter what age you are or what state you're in. Fun makes life enjoyable. xo

Fun is that little happy time spent free of normal worry and stress, almost like living in a different world.

fun to me is being with a friend and joking with them. or them joking with me that is fun to me and running is fun for a while until it becomes a job?

• Fusion

Enjoying whatever you are doing.