What is a 3G dongle? How do they work?

I don't have access to a wireless router anymore so could I use a 3G dongle instead?

Will someone explain to me how they work? How much internet time to you get with them?

Also, how is a 4G dongle different?

Thank you! :D

3G dongles plug into your computer and allow you internet access anywhere. There are 2 different plans you can have with them pay-as-you-go which is similar to a phone you pay and when you use up the amount of internet it cuts off so you dont have any extra fees. Or you can go on a contract. Again similar to a phone you pay monthly but if you go over your allowance you are charged usually expensive rates. 4G internet dongles differ as they offer quicker download speeds than 3G dongles. If you are thinking of getting a contract I would try to go unlimited as you dont hve the worry of over paying.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a 3G dongle? How do they work?

Also, how is a 4G dongle different?

Thank you! :D

Source(s): 3g dongle work: https://tr.im/CzOxq
  • lil

How Does A Dongle Work

• Nick T

SIMPLIFICATION

They are basically a cut down mobile phone - no screen or keyboard etc .

all control functions being moved to the software that runs in the device host.

A 4G dongle will just have a 4G capable modem rather than a 3G capable modem to access the 4G network.

just like a regular modem, but this one doesn't connect to your phone. it required a phone card and you will pay to your phone/internet provider, such as in http://www.tekomsel.com

Its a big floppy light up dildo, Really works the 3G spot.