Why are Muslims unhappy in Muslim countries?

but they seem happy in non Muslim countries. I am nothing more than curious and am trying to understand as there are many problems in a lot of countries.

I'm sorry, i should say 'some Muslims'.

ShinDese, i didn't say they were happier, i said they seem happier.

Well islam is probably one of the later developed religion. Like Christianity, Judaism etc have been around much longer than islam has. So islam has reached a point where Christianity was at hundreds of years ago.

For example, like 200 years ago, in countries like uk there was a bit of inequality (I guess you could say that). For example women weren't allowed to own property. But now, these countries are more developed socially, women and men are seen as equal (remember I'm using an example)

However, Islamic countries now are pretty much like how western countries were like 200 years ago. They haven't been able to develop and evolve. It's not the religion, it's the culture.

Everyone's is small minded (if you're a girl and you're seen with a boy then you might aswell kill yourself because nobody will let you forget about that unfortunately). People are unwilling to let go of their old culture and move on.

Also, money is a problem. Some Islamic countries (like Pakistan) are full of corruption. The rich are getting richer but the poor and getting poorer. If they want a good chance in life, they have to move to a western country. Where there is more freedom, less judgement and more advanced rules which look after them

They are happier in western countries because nobody bothers you. You can walk through the streets and nobody will call at you. You're living a much more independent life which isn't full of poverty.

I hope this answers your question

Also remember that this doesn't apply to all Muslims, some Muslims are very happy in their country

Did you interview and investigate the Muslims living in Muslim and non-Muslim countries?

Why would you say the Muslims living in one place are happier than those living somewhere else? That's a really strange notion. A Muslim who follows his religion would be happy, and one who doesn't will be miserable. Because peace comes from God and those who turn away from God cannot have true peace in their hearts. A Muslim who follows his religion will be content with wealth or poverty, good or bad health. The idea that happiness comes from material possessions and such is something that is exclusive to the disbelievers. For the true believers, this world is merely a short stop in a longer journey towards a greater destination. It is the Devil's sworn aim to make us fall in love with this world and sacrifice the Hereafter for the sake of this life.

You are overgeneralizing. At one time or another every country in the world has a had a revolt against its government. Usually due to totalitarian regimes and poor economies. No specific religion has the issue, but government do use religion to manipulate its people (which is why the US has a constitutional amendment forbidding the mix of church as state). Tsarist Russia used the Orthodox church. During the Dark Ages the Roman Catholic church was used to control people. The French revolution, it was the Monarchy. The crusades it was Islam and Christianity.

The problem is while Islam flourished during the European dark ages, those Islamic countries have remain a century or two behind the rest of the world lately. One of the most successful Muslim countries is Turkey, which actually has a secular government. Muslims that move to westernized countries actually get to move into the 21st century, rather than the 19th.

• Kyra

So everyone who lives in muslim countries are unhappy? How can you even say that when you probably have never set foot in a muslim country? Where are your sources? Muslim countries arent exactly empty so your theory is wrong lol. Im muslim but i didnt move here ive lived here all my life and my grandad moved here because england needed worker and this was probably about 70 years ago! He didnt come here because he was 'unhappy'

• Those muslim countries don't follow the Quran and Sunnah properly! The people governing those countries are quite anti-islam (even though they might have muslim names, they don't know/follow islam properly)...and they are 'puppets' of the west.

and because there are many good Muslims living in those countries, who forbid evil and enjoin good

Quran 3:104 And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful.

and thus the conflict between good and evil!

___________

Muslims are peace loving, they try to maintain peace as long as they are not bothered out of their socks,

and your concept is wrong, loads of harassment goes around against muslims in the non muslim countries! This Y!A is prove! Just have a look at the answers which are related to muslims!

here, look for yourself -->> http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_result;_ylt...

of course there are many good people out there, but unfortunately the figures speak for yourself, if you keep looking at the answers in the link you'll know what i mean.

and you have harassment of police, shop keepers --->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0a6Zf2GHU

Youtube thumbnail

The video in the link is very self explanatory!!

Not to mention the accusations of being terrorists, randomly being arrested with no charges whatsoever. Just becaus eof the we look? Guantanamo is just a small example! People live in mental torment when it comes to living in non muslim countries

• ?

In muslim countries wars are going on. I have my grandparents living in Egypt (muslim country) just 2 days ago every single thing in their house was stolen and sprayed them so they wouldn't wake up. On the news you hear about little children body parts being sold, people getting killed on the street.

I hope this is the type of answer you were looking for :) x

• Zahra

I haven't been to all Muslim countries, but in my country It's bcz of bad economic situation which usually affect every stage of a person's life....

Muslims are just like other people. so your answer not necessarily is related to the Religion.

Usually people feel better in more evolved countries (evolved economically speaking). I'm happier in the country I'm in because I get more rights and a better living and more respect in my work than I would ever get in my own. In return I try to fit in with their habits and not ruin the good things that attracted me to this country. Hope the muslims will start seeing it too.

For some reason they dislike Western puppet governments

• Jace

The same reason Christians are full of guilt, fear and bigotry (hate), oppression is the nature of authoritarian ideologies.