How do you get your kids to drink water?

It's just what I've offered ever since they were allowed to have it. I never had to "get" them to drink it, it's just the default drink and always has been. I do often keep a jug of fruit or vegetable water in the fridge, but the kids are more likely to drink plain water.

• I messed up with my daughter when she was small, and only gave her milk or juice, until a really hot day when she was 2, and I was worried that juice would give her diarrhea and milk would turn her stomach.

I walked to the Family Dollar 3 blocks away, and got a couple squirt guns. I rinsed them out really well, and then filled them up with cold water from the fridge. I showed her how fun it was to drink from the water gun. When she got a little older, she would refuse to drink if it wasn't milk or juice in HER cup but she would drink from MY giant cup of ice water. Finally, I told her if she wasn't thirsty enough for her own water, she just wasn't thirsty. It only took about 3 hours before she caved.

I didn't make the same mistake with my son. He's loved cold water since he was off the bottle and onto a sippy cup.

My kids drink a lot of water and even prefer it sometimes over juice it's not easy but you lead by example make water only available to them and let them have juice with there meals only if they are thirsty they will drink it they will eventually get the point also telling them that there favorite hero drinks water or tell them they will be stronger from drinking water good luck

Well I don't buy juice and drinking milk gets old if that's all you drink, so... It has never been a problem.

Our tap water is gross. Sometimes it is brown. I don't know why. But it's gross. Sooooo, we have a water machine. It's eco-friendly because they reuse those big blue bottles you get, it's very inexpensive because they reimburse you for returning the bottles and the water always comes out frosty cold. Also- it's a short machine, so kids can reach it and it's hard to spill even if you *try* to spill. My kids have always liked the independence of being able to fill their own cups whenever they liked.

• Suzy Q

Start early. From 6 months onwards the only time my son has gotten drinks other than formula or plain water is when there was a medical need. If you don't get them used to sugary crap, and don't keep sugary crap in the house, their first instinct when thirsty is to get some water.

Sometimes my son just drinks it without complaint. Sometimes I have to forbid all other drinks. Sometimes I'm sneaky and get him to have it in ice block form and fresh fruit. watered down juice is also a great option.

My son also likes to drink water more if it's from my cup, if it's in a bottle, if he uses a straw or in the shower or bath. I think those things make it more fun for him. :)

Simple give em nothing to drink except water if they are thirsty they will drink it

flavored natural water

• Pat

STOP giving them other **** to drink.

dumbass.

Add flavor to it