"Baby can sleep over" problem has arisen!?

I knew there was going to come a time when this was going to be raised and I've dreaded it ! My daughter is 20 months. We live a 4 minute drive away from my in laws so see then all the time. They're fantastic with our daughter and the other grand kids, a real help whenever we've needed anything I... show more I knew there was going to come a time when this was going to be raised and I've dreaded it !

My daughter is 20 months. We live a 4 minute drive away from my in laws so see then all the time. They're fantastic with our daughter and the other grand kids, a real help whenever we've needed anything

I work crazy shifts and my husband does his best to work around them which normally isn't a problem but next weekend there's a clash at 8am. I'll be starting work at 07:30 and can't change that and unfortunately that's the only time my husband can fit this client in that week

It would mean he'd have to get up early and take our daughter straight round to his parents for breakfast so they can look after her while he sees the client. Not a massive deal I thought.... But they've suggested "why not let her sleep over?"

This is the problem. His mother smokes and we've had several big falling sour over the last 2 years about it. She promised before baby arrived that she wouldn't smoke when the baby was there and she's gone back on that on several occasions which has led to some arguments and for a while us not taking the baby to their house. It hurt but our daughter comes first (especially as she's had some major breathing problems and been resuscitated 3 times!)

Well them other in law said she'd quit smoking after the last big falling out and give her her dues she's cut from 30 to 10 a day but seems to have given up 'giving up'

I simply don't trust her not to smoke in the house in the evening while my daughter is upstairs in bed. So now I've been asked "why doesn't she just stay over?" And I've just said I'm not comfortable with her being out the house yet, which I'm not, even if it was my parents offering I wouldn't be 100% as I'd be worried about her but with this smoking issue I'm not happy at all

I've said it's no problem my husband just dropping her off in the morning as their so close but his mum is getting all excited to have her stay over. I think I'm gonna have to raise the smoking issue again....

What should I say? Not comfortable her staying over yet or smoking?