Will the stuff that leaks from batteries harm my child if they come into contact with it?

I was searching for my sons paci before bed and I looked under the couch cushions. I was digging down in the cracks and came across a remote we have been missing....the back was half off and it was covered in dried up battery acid. At least I think it was dry, it was all white/gray colored and there was a lot of... show more I was searching for my sons paci before bed and I looked under the couch cushions. I was digging down in the cracks and came across a remote we have been missing....the back was half off and it was covered in dried up battery acid. At least I think it was dry, it was all white/gray colored and there was a lot of it.! I have a ocd really bad so I threw the remote away and washed and vacuumed any floor on the path from the couch to the garbage can and took another shower. I'm laying in bed worrying that some of it might be in my couch or on the cushions because the back was half off....it is after midnight and I'm ready to go super clean my couch before my kids get up in the morning,so they don't come in contact with it....I'm really upset about this. I can't rest and I have been sick with the flu for three days...I really need sleep before my kids have me up at 6am. So please someone help me....only serious answers please! I don't want to put my kids in danger so if necessery I will spend the whole night cleaning...also how would you clean it up.?