First time building computer finding motherboard and cpu?

Which motherboard and cpu that are compatible. I prefer intel

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

If I were you I'd wait a little longer before buying a new CPU and motherboard because the new Intel architecture Haswell is coming out soon.

You can find CPU and motherboard combos on Newegg which makes things much easier for beginners because you will know those parts work together. Here is a link for that: http://www.newegg.com/Store/ComboDeals.aspx?ComboS...

Sandy Bridge LGA 1155 goes with Z77 motherboards

Sandy Bridge LGA 2011 goes with X79 motherboards

Ivy Bridge LGA 2011 goes with X79 motherboards

Haswell LGA 1150 goes with Z87 motherboards

• 8 years ago

It depends on what CPU you intend on using. CPU's and mobo's use a particular socket- literally the pins and holes that bind them together. LGA 1150 has 1150 pins and holes.

Which CPU you want depends on what you want to do. For gaming, a i5 4670k will do wonders when paired with a nice GPU. For internet browsing, an i3 may be enough. For heavy video editing, etc. an i7 4770k will be an excellent choice. CPU costs span the gamut from under $100 to a few hundred for that i7.

Try using pcpartpicker.com to create builds. It has a compatibility filter you may find useful, along with links to newegg.com (an excellent shopping site). Use tomshardware or anandtech to find reviews and benchmarks.

• 8 years ago

There are a ton of different motherboards and cpu's out there, You just need to find an intel motherboard with the same socket as whatever core you're planning on using.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Purchase a 3rd gen core i3 or i5 or i7 on the basis of your budget... All r best when compared with amd... Buy a z series or h series board which has lga1150 series compatibility... Thats it... If u're an overclocker like meg then purchase seperate cooling system for the cpu and gpu...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

You first could desire to envision which "sequence" of CPU you prefer to be spectacular suitable with. as an party is you prefer to place in an Intel core2duo you would be wanting a MoBo with a Socket 775 interface. you is purely unable to truly purchase a MoBo and overall performance it settle for a Sempron, Celeron, P3, P4, etc. you will desire to income and get an education on CPU's and their footprints. So do not basically "blindly" purchase a MoBo and then think of of that is going to settle for any processor you get. The wattage of a potential furnish is extraordinarily straightforward factor. A 500 watt will run optimal machines in the present day. even however, to envision, you will desire to function up the wattage intake of each factor (CPU, Video Card, Sound Card, RAM, complicated Drives, CD/DVD drives, etc.). as immediately as you have that quantity you will comprehend the minimum length which will run your laptop. comprehend this: it you artwork your hardware will consume say 3 hundred watts of potential. do not purchase a 300 or 350 watt furnish. Get the 5 hundred watt furnish and you will via no potential elect for potential. the 5 hundred watt score is its' potential, and it will basically located out what's demanded via way of your laptop and ought to not overdrive your factors utilising certainty it has 150 watts to spare above your minimum standards. you p.c. additionally to envision on the fairly some inner connection formats alongside with IDE, SATA, etc. and standardize your hardware purchases to be spectacular suitable with that format. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Make a itemizing and value each and each factor out and don't ignore to function delivery expenditures for each order you will possibly be able to place. even however this is relaxing to construct your very own laptop, you're in a position to discover it much less complicated and much less severe priced to truly purchase a premade for with connection with a similar money. desire this allows.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.