?
Lv 6
? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

Isn't Peyton Manning the best QB of all time?!?! I think so!!?

I mean he was so good in that super bowl. He faced such a good Quarterback in Rex grossman and he carried that team. It doesn't matter that he threw 3 touchdowns and 7 interceptions during the postseason that year it was because of him that they won!! Also he makes his receivers and team so good. The Colts going 11-5 without him with a worse roster in which they had with him is just a fluke.

Peyton hasn't even played with any good receivers. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Wes Welker, Demaryius Thomas, It's not like those guys are going to the Hall of Fame or anything. Tom Brady has such good receivers it's not fair!! He got to play with legends like Troy Brown and Deion Branch that's the only reason why he won those 3 rings. Also he has always had such huge receivers. Wes Welker is a stud he's so tall and physical and never drops any important catches. Brady got Randy Moss after his such great seasons in oakland it's not like Brady helped him be a hall of famer. Brady is only good because of Belichick even though Belichick was a horrible head coach until he got Brady I know it must be true because I read it on a message board

The only reason why Brady has beat Peyton more times then him is because he has the better team, he's not the better QB. Peyton makes his own plays. i don't know what that means but I'm told by analysts that it makes him better then Brady. I see Brady changing plays or something always on the line but I don't think it means he makes plays like Peyton oh no Peyton is perfect. He always is right. If Reggie Wayne ran a better route Peyton would of never thrown that interception and then Peyton would of had 2 rings!!

Peyton Manning took a team that won a playoff game last year to a team who didn't win a playoff game last year, but that's only because Peyton came off an injury. Peyton doesn't have a history of being bad in the playoffs he does have 9 wins in his 15 seasons. Brady won because of a kicker I'm pretty sure Peyton never had that kicker before on his team.

Peyton is the GOAT because he makes his own plays and he's always played with bad players like Harrison, Wayne, Welker, Thomas, Decker, Faulk, Saturday, Mathis, Sanders, Freeney, James, Clark, Jennings. Peyton Manning is god I swear! I don't care that he threw 28 interceptions one year I blame the receivers and the O-Line!

Peyton>Brady Montana and everyone else.

-Dedicated to Chalise

Update:

Chalise the only reason Peyton won that super bowl was because of his defense. Yes it was ranked 23rd in the leauge that year but if you look at his D and his running game they were just so off the charts which made it possible for Peyton to throw for three touchdowns and 7 Interceptions and still win the games. Those great defenses made Peyton nervous and he choked but his D bailed him out. So yes he didn't face Rex Grossman but rex Grossman faced a bears defense that forced 5 turnovers on him which is why they won because of the Colts D not Manning.

Also you forget Brady took over a losing organization too. The Patriots went 5-11 the year before and the next year Brady helped them win a super bowl. Get that his first year starting Brady wins a ring did Peyton ever do that. Nope but he did throw 28 interceptions and win 3 games.

Gonzalez was a 1st round pick, but because of Peyton not being able to make raw receivers he didn't succeed besides injuries anyway. Also you must o

Update 2:

Actually Brady has a higher QB rating in the postseason and regular season smart one.

Regular season Peyton Manning: 95.7 Tom Brady:

Postseason: Peyton: 86.2 You read the stats wrong or your just a liar. Look under career not 2012.

Tom Brady: 87.3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Manning#Post-s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady#Playoffs

Update 3:

Tom Brady has a 96.6 QB rating in the regular season thank you and have a good night. SMH having to lie to make Peyton look better.

Update 4:

Haha yeah Abby grammer has never been my strength

Update 5:

@devilish Have you seen the receivers Brady had to play with over the years? That's why his completion percentage is so low. Your an idiot dude Reggie Wayne was a 1st round pick he's proven he was already good without Peyton, same with Marvin he had much success without Peyton Manning.

The only reason Peyton Manning kept the game into double overtime not triple you idiot was because his kick returner scored him 14pts. He would of originally lost the game 35-21 that's not close.

Also it's funny how you only mention the match-ups in the years Peyton has won. Brady is still better against Manning head to head and that's because Peyton get's nervous and chokes making our defense look better then it is. Brady has still had a horrible defense in 2010 and 2012 and yes he still beat Peyton Manning. You manning apologists always have excuses at least I know that my QB has been to a super bowl this decade unlike yours. Brady has a better QB rating then Peyton in the reg

Update 6:

@devilish Have you seen the receivers Brady had to play with over the years? That's why his completion percentage is so low. Your an idiot dude Reggie Wayne was a 1st round pick he's proven he was already good without Peyton, same with Marvin he had much success without Peyton Manning.

The only reason Peyton Manning kept the game into double overtime not triple you idiot was because his kick returner scored him 14pts. He would of originally lost the game 35-21 that's not close.

Also it's funny how you only mention the match-ups in the years Peyton has won. Brady is still better against Manning head to head and that's because Peyton get's nervous and chokes making our defense look better then it is. Brady has still had a horrible defense in 2010 and 2012 and yes he still beat Peyton Manning. You manning apologists always have excuses at least I know that my QB has been to a super bowl this decade unlike yours. Brady has a better QB rating then Peyton in the reg

Update 7:

regular season and postseason that's all that matters.

The reason those receivers didn't succeed was because they weren't smart enough to understand the offense. Brady plays with midgets. Peyton got to play with Giants like DT and Eric Decker.

Does "suck for luck" ring a bell they were throwing games why do you think when they clinched the #1 seed they beat two teams with winning records that year the Texans and Titans. Calm down and go home. Look at the facts Peyton isn't call cracked up as people say. He's still a Top 10 QB in this league but he's not even in Brady's class anymore. Brady has thrown for 5,200 passing yards in a season and 50 touchdowns that's something Peyton will never do ever in his life. If Brady was in the Colts system he would have 5 rings and better stats then Peyton as you can see he threw for more TD's and passing yards in a season then Peyton could ever do even with 2 HOF receivers for almost his whole career.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Aww thanks Buddy :) but that's almost the dumbest thing you can say along with other people that "Peyton won a Super Bowl because he played against Rex Grossman"? Is Rex Grossman a D lineman? Or a defensive back? The bears 06 Defensive was among one of the best in the leauge that year and Rex was actually decent. Similar to Alex Smith in the 2011 season. Not only did Peyton face that good Bears D he also faced the Ravens D in their Prime and the Pats D who always gave him Problems not to mention Bill Bellichiek . So like I will keep saying Over and Over There is more to football then just an offense FACT

" Manning never played with good receivers he had Harrison , Wayne, Demryius and Decker" When did I ever say that? We all know Harrison and Wayne are talented receivers yes they are but what about Anthony Gonzalez who was once a decent receiver? Or Austin Collie? Or Pierre Garçon? If it wasn't for Peyton Garçon wouldn't have ever got the opportunity to get that big paycheck in Washington. Then there is Black and Decker in Denver. People questioned why did Manning chose Denver because "they didn't have receivers " But when PFM gets there both receivers are 1000 yard receivers and top receivers in the leauge! OH BUT WAIT! How could it be?! I thought they were no good at first. FACT

"Brady has a good kicker Manning didn't" When did I say that one ? I mean why are you so offended by the fact Vinaterri did infant kick the game winning field goal for your team? If it wasn't for Adam V's Clutchness Pats never reach the Superbowl vs Oakland and there is no Dynasty. Now lets look at Peyton's kicker in Indy Vanderjact. Vanderjact yes he was good but come postseason he always choked on a fat one. Remember that infamous choke against the Steelers Divisional round in 05 vs the Steelers? BUT OH WAIT! Since the Colts loss that means Its Peyton's fault according to your logic.

Lastly. Peyton Manning was drafted to the Colts first overall in the 1998 draft. Went 3-13 in his first year made them contenders year after year and eventual Super Bowl Champs. He took a losing Franchise into a franchise who consistently won 10 plus games every year , won their division, and to two Superbowl. What more can you ask for. Peyton's presence deeply affected the Colts organization when he was injured which truly showed his impact to that team . One man can only do so much and it takes a team to win a championship. Superbowls are given to teams not an individual but you wouldn't understand that because in your eyes it's all about Brady

Oh and here's a little stat for you since you like to play with numbers :According to Pro Football Reference, though, Manning's playoff passer rating (88.4) actually tops Brady's (87.4). Yes, you read that correctly. Not that big of a diffenece but still a stat right? What about Brady dominating Manning the head-to-head matchups between the Patriots and Colts, you say? Well, it was Manning against the Patriots' defense, and Brady against the Colts' defense. Were they ever on the field at the same time? No.

How did the Patriots' and Colts' scoring defenses rank during the three years (2003, 2004, 2006) in which they played each other in the postseason?

Patriots: First, second, second

Colts: 20th, 19th, 23rd

So, it is really a wonder how Manning only won one Super Bowl and often lost to the Patriots? Brady was going up against a mediocre Colts defense, while Manning was facing one of the elite units in the NFL.

DK: lOL I have no more space for paragraphs I'm done for tonight. Thanks for the debate though. You will have another one tommorow. Shout out to your avi too! I'm so glad you chose that. You're team PFM!

Good night :)

Source(s): Bearkat: I know he's being sarcastic I'm no fool I'm just playing along with him. I can type paragraphs too :)
  • 6 years ago

Johnny Unitas played in the time when the defenders are allowed to get away with things that have been illegal since the late 1970s.

• Lucy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No way! eli is hardly top 6 or top 8.. Eli just plays on a good team with good defense and that is well rounded. He is helping the team but he does not carry the team nor does he or is he responsible for most of there wins as he is not a QB that saves the day he is not even that great of a QB in terms of stats. Peyton Career QB RAT: 94.9, 54828 yards, 399 TD Peyton last season QB RAT: Eli Career QB RAT: 82.1 Eli Season Rat: 92.1, 29579 yards, 185 TD Eli is not that accurate or great as peyton is. Peyton is top 3 QB in the league when he is playing or top 4... There are many many more stats Peyton is a much better QB.. A team winning the super bowl is not because of a QB Its the whole team. You have a great QB like stafford on a team like the lions that sucks in a lot of places thus losses games. You have a great QB like #4 ranked romo in the league, playing on a team with good offense but horrible defense and bad coaching thus they lose games... Does not mean stafford is a bad QB or Romo is, they just are unlucky to be playing for teams that are not so great. Than you got a QB like Roethlisberger he is good but on a great team that is well rounded with a damn good defense. Rothlisberger may seem better than some other QB but he is not though id say he is top 10 as is eli.. Anyhow rothelisberger is far from carrying the team. Than you got QB like rodgers, and manning and brady without them the team offense falls apart and they are not good elsewhere they they struggle.

• 7 years ago

Peyton played the bears defense, not rex Grossman, which ranked #2 that season. Didn't know demaryius Thomas, Welker, or Wayne were hall of famers. Best part is you could only list three defensive players out of his 13 year career in Indy. And bob glass Sanders played about 2 games a season. Surprised you didn't list Gary brackett or Cato June. Lol

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Brady has more Superbowl rings, AFC Championships, and Superbowl appearances.Despite what some of you Manning fans are saying, he has had to work with worse receivers than Manning. At Indy, Manning had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark (with Austin Collie getting an honorable mention). At Denver, he has Thomas and Welker. Brady won a Superbowl with receivers such as Reche Caldwell, who is not even close to being on level with any of Manning's receivers in the Super Bowl.

• 7 years ago

Based on your height, weight, and 40 time, I believe that the best fit for you is at tight end. You have the ideal size for a high school freshman tight end.

What you need to do this upcoming (and every) offseason is eat healthy, and exercise by doing a lot of running every day. Personally, I recommend a calorie intake of 1800-2200, as well as at least one hour of running, per day. If you do these two things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful high school football player.

• 4 years ago

If you’re supplementing, the vitamin supplements most likely to rev upward your metabolic engine are N complex, magnesium, copper, selenium, chromium in addition to manganese. But don’t overdo the idea, find foods that are rich reasons for each. Nuts and seeds inside a small handful are perfect, states Stephanie Karl, Nutritionalist at your Dubai London Clinic.

• 7 years ago

I like Peyton Manning, don't get me wrong! But as far as greatest QB of all time? BIG TIME UNDERSTATEMENT!!!! Don't forget the careers of other QB's such as Elway, Unitas, Bradshaw, Steve Young, Dan Marino, Warren Moon or even Joe Montana

• 7 years ago

Peyton is a very great quarterback I agree, but your going way to far saying he's better than Montana. Montana was the most precise, clutch, consistent, winning QB to ever play the game.

• 7 years ago

Ok Mr. Sarcastic:

First let's look at completion percentage, which is one of the best tests of a quarterback:

Peyton's career: 65.2%, Brady's career: 63.7%

Next, let's look at another good stat to compare quarterbacks: yards per season.

Peyton's career average: 3,966 yards, Tom Brady's career average: 3,447 yards

That's over 500 yards more per season that Peyton racks up.

And regarding the list of Peyton's receivers, Peyton and Welker haven't even played a single game together! However Brady has played a ton with him, so you could add him to Brady's list.

Brady had Welker, Randy Moss, Hernandez, Gronkowski (2nd round), Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco), Deion Branch (2nd round pick), Bethel Johnson (2nd Round Pick), Chad Jackson (2nd Round Pick), Brandon Tate (3rd round), and Taylor Price (3rd round).

Brady has had a plethera of highly picked wide receivers and free agents. Yet very few of his highly picked wide receivers could he develop into good wide receivers. Instead, he had to rely mainly on guys that were already good veterans like Moss and Welker.

And for Peyton you can only think of 3 receivers? Four, if you count a receiver that hasn't even played with him in a game yet? At least both of Peyton's were drafted and he developed them unlike Brady.

And you have to name basically every good player on the entire Colts roster over the past 15 years to knock Peyton down? And seriously, when did Peyton's defenses ever bail him out? Are you nuts?! Then regularly had one of the weakest defenses in the entire NFL.

And then you compare the 2012 season with Peyton. Hmm...let's see, over 90% of the team that played with Peyton on that team was gone. How about we look at the team in 2011 without Peyton that had most of the players that Peyton played with. Oh yeah! They went 2-14! Oh and guess what, they nearly went into Foxboro and beat Brady with their 4th string quarterback! LMAO

Then let's look at the seasons when these two quarterbacks had teams that were relatively the same strength. Up through 2004, Brady had a defense that was easily the best in the league while Peyton's was near dead last.

From 2005 to 2010 their teams were basically somewhat equal in strength, although Brady still had the better defense all of those years.

In 2005, Peyton beat Brady

In 2006, Peyton beat Brady twice

In 2007, Peyton barely lost

In 2008, Peyton won again

In 2009, Peyton won again

And in 2010, Peyton lost (Peyton was hampered by a leg injury that year)

That is 5 wins for Peyton compared to Brady's 2 wins.

You might be saying, count last year. Well Peyton played Brady early in the season when he was still recovering from an injury and still gel'ing with his new and he lost. But he did fare far better against the Ravens than Brady did. At least Peyton kept the game tight (3 overtimes) instead of getting stomped like Brady did.

And in 2009 I'm sure you laughed when Peyton lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl, but not by much. But don't forget, that same year the Saints came into Foxboro and just royally whipped Brady and the Patriots in Foxboro.

But even if you count the win last year by Brady, he's still behind 5 wins to 3 in head to head competition when he didn't have the best defense in the league bailing him out as a rookie.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.