How can I report my neighbors for not having car insurance?

How can I report my neighbors for not having car insurance? My neighbors were both laid off from their jobs about three months ago. Earlier last week one confided in me that they were unable to pay for their car insurance and that they didn't know what they were going to do. I didn't take action then, because they were not working and rarely took their car out. However, the husband recently found employment and he has been driving the car EVERY DAY for the past week. They are nice people and we get along great, so it pains me that I have to do this. Who can I report this to? Should I just call the police station? Is there a way for me to verify that they were unable to pay for their car insurance (they were way behind in bills, so I doubt they covered it)

Favorite Answer

This is a great question and I'm glad you asked it. First off, don't listen to those who are giving you a hard time about doing the right thing. People who drive without insurance are derelicts who harm society and put hard-workers like ourselves in danger of serious injury and possible death. If they cannot be bothered to pay their bills (or keep a job for that matter), then we can only assume they are not responsible enough to drive a vehicle on our roads.

That being said, the best course of action would be for you to contact your local police station and let them know the license plate and location of the car without insurance. If they are leasing or financing the car, you might also consider contacting their bank to let them know that they are driving without insurance. Banks usually require a low deductible collision and comprehensive plan, and they get very angry if they are not maintained. If you're lucky, they may end up taking the car away from these low-life neighbors of yours. You can figure out any loans they have out if you run a comprehensive background check on these people.

I hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

1

Source(s): Vehicle History Search Database : http://VehicleHistory.siopu.com/?xOU

I suggest that you try this website where onel can get quotes from different companies: http://COVERAGE-FINDER.NET/index.html?src=1YAqQdin...

RE :How can I report my neighbors for not having car insurance?

Follow 12 answers

The absolutely free reverse vin check sites generally provide fake information. To get real information, money will have to be paid. The free searches provide fake information so they can get your email address to send spam.

Stay away from shady reverse vin check sites, most likely you won't get any information after you make the payment. Not to mention you won't get a report and you won't get an answer if you try to call for a refund. Stick with a reputable reverse vin check site like http://www.reversevincheck.net that has been around since 1995.

You need something to do with your life as you just have to much time. HOW do you know that the car is not insured? It time for you to get a life and MYOB ... I don't think you will know what that means so I'll tell you. "mind your own business" I don't like it when people do not have car insurance, but I don't have time to follow them around and try to report what I really don't know.

Maybe they got caught up. If you don’t have proof, you will be charged with filing a false report, and possibly harassment, and may have to pay fines or go to jail. If you get along so “great," try helping them out somehow.

If you’re a #*&^ , which it appears you are, just wait for them to hit you and own everything they have.

>

Wow. You're the worst neighbor ever. Get a life and stop hassling your neighbors. Backstabber.

Source(s): Jerk.
  • Livvi

Kick em while they're down huh?

You're mean. I am happy to tell you that the police aren't going to give a damn unless they're pulled over for something. Mind your own gd business.

You really are an ***. They CONFIDED in you. Did you ever think that since the husband had found work, that they reinstated their car insurance?

Get a life loser. I think YOU are the ONE who DOESN'T have INSURANCE.

• Moe

what is wrong with you back stabbing toe licker if i can curse i would of humiliated you but i know your gonna snitch man mind your own business there poor leave them alone they have alot of stress they dont need more your not even a real friend