What is the minimum entitlement by law for break time when working a 7.5 hour shift?

I have just started in this new job and the hours of work are 7.30 am to 3 pm, Mon-Fri. I have been told by my employer that I am entitled to a 20 minute break which to me seems a bit short and I'm just wondering whether this still conforms with UK Employment laws. Just for the record I'm no slacker in fact... show more I have just started in this new job and the hours of work are 7.30 am to 3 pm, Mon-Fri. I have been told by my employer that I am entitled to a 20 minute break which to me seems a bit short and I'm just wondering whether this still conforms with UK Employment laws. Just for the record I'm no slacker in fact I have always had a strong work ethic but I thought a 30 minute break would have been more reasonable. I look forward to reading your feedback