Should I get playstation 4 or xbox 1?

I might gettting it when they released.

• onion

That's really only something you your self can answer. Both have some fantastic looking games, and will have some fantastic games in the future. On that basis, I would normally say choose the one which appeals to you the most based off the games.

But this generation at least on the Xbox side is a little more complicated .With it pretty much being an all digital distribution console, it has a lot of restrictions in place. While you can still get games on disc as normal, they're nothing more than installation discs, like you would find with a lot of pc games. So once the game is installed, you have no need to use the disc anymore. Of course this is where Microsoft's fierce DRM comes in to play, which so many gamers, including my self are opposed to. Here's some of the basic facts about the DRM,if none of these bother you, then just get what you think has the best looking games, and what all your friends are getting.

It has to connect to the internet every 24 hours. If 24 hours pass without an internet connection, you won't be able to play games, until you connect again.

You can't freely and easily lend games to people. Right now, any game you own on disc regardless of the games console you can lend your games to who you want, as many times as you want. With Xbox one this will not be the case. Since they're nothing more than installation discs, once the games is installed you won't need it. So to counter this, Microsoft have added a few features, to try to calm the mass anger. First of all you have a 10 people circle of friends and family. Between this circle, you can play each others games, in single player. 2 people can play the same game at a time. You can also give any single game away once to anyone who's been on your friends list for 30 days. The problem with both of these features though, is they only apply if the game publisher allows it. If the publisher wants their games to be shared by no one, you can forget either of those things.

Playing your games at your friends house, and possibly, and quite probably a second console in your own house is very restricted. You can log in to another console, and play your games but for no more than an hour, without logging back in on your own. This of course, means just taking a game to someone elses house to play for the weekend, is going to be pretty much a thing of the past.

Used games. We all buy games from time to time we wished we hadn't, Some of us like to sometimes trade in or sell old games, to help fund a new one. With Xbox one, while you still can to an extent. You can't do it freely. You can only sell/trade your old games through approved partners of Microsoft. We all get the feeling this is simply going to be with big retailers such as GAME, Gamestop, EB, or which ever other big chain in your country. As I'm sure you're aware, they've all been screwing gamers over on trade ins for years. Since the game companies now want a cut of the used market, and these will likely be the only retailers, expect to pay out the A** for used games, and get nothing for your own. Again, this is also subject to the publisher approving the sale and trade of them at all.

Also theirs security fears with the kinect, not being able to be fully disabled. It's always listening out to be activated, and will only ever at the most be in a "stand by" state. With Microsoft's history of users privacy, and the fact they're cooperating with prism. A surveillance initiative between various western governments, including US, UK, New Zealand, and so on. This should be cause for concern, and caution.

These points I've mentioned, haven't been totally debunked by Sony either. Their official statement on this is very vauge. it goes something along these lines. "the used game policy is "pretty much" like it is now on ps3, the publishers will have the option be able to include codes, to lock certain features out" Which features those may be are very unclear. So don't fall in to the trap of thinking ps4 will have none of thise either. Personally I would hang on, and wait untill they actually come out. I'm giving them both 12 months to see what happens. PS3, and Xbox 360 are far from dead yet anyway, and I stil have quite a few games I've yet to play on both.

I actually have already study the topic matters that the Xbox a million may have and that i visit claim you may want to opt for to get a PS4 incredibly. - Xbox a million gained't assist you to purchase video games then provide your video games as a present to kin or associates to apply being that once they are put in they develop into in trouble-free words playable upon that categorical Xbox a million. - Xbox a million will require a usual receive logging in that attempt to be in a position to play video games. if you're unable to log in for the receive you wont be in a position to play video games. This truthfully forces human beings also to have their Xbox a million proper to the web. - The Xbox a million video games isn't performed off of disks incredibly the disks will carry the advice which will installation on the Xbox a million than the disk is incredibly a lot ineffective after that except you make sure to delete the game than reinstall it back.

Get the ps4. It comes out a month after the xbox one. But xbox one sucks. Its a spywear. Cant sell or use used game. Has to be connected to the internet at least once every day. Its just stupid. Yes they may not seem like such a big deal to some people. But it is. Get the ps4. It will be better in the long run.

I used to be a big Xbox fan and hated play station but Xbox have really messed up and so I have made a decision and I'm changing to playstation 4

I agree with onion here it really is up to you. Which exclusives do you like more, which console are your friends buying, etc. Also like Onion said which I agree with completely I would recommend waiting it out like a year first. That way you can see what both company's do and gives them both time to work out any bugs upon launch since there always are (everyone remembers that with the 360 and PS3). If you can handle the changes with Xbox One policy's and Sony being unclear on that and want to get on on launch its a personal choice.

Me I am going to just get an upgraded 360 for now and wait it out. Then after they work things out, fix the bugs, and hopefully start lower the price I will come back to the debate on which new system to get. Then I will have most or all of my questions answered and can make a firm decision on which is better to get.

Again it really is up to you. Look into the exclusives, review the policy changes, and find out what your friends are getting and take it from there. Check these site out they might help with your decision.

Get the PS4. Xbox fans are switching over to PlayStation now.

What are your friends going for? And Xbox has kinda messed it up, like all it's fans are moving to playstation now.

I use to be an xbox guy until they revealed the price of the xbox one and you can't borrow games. I say you should just go for the ps4.

Nobody will buy a Xbox One so get PS4