Car insurance for laid-up vehicle?

The insurance on one of the cars in our household is due for renewal next week. However, the car is off the road at the moment (and declared so through a SORN) and so I am loath to incur the cost of full insurance. One was once able to get 'laid-up' insurance for cars which were not in use, but I can't... show more The insurance on one of the cars in our household is due for renewal next week. However, the car is off the road at the moment (and declared so through a SORN) and so I am loath to incur the cost of full insurance. One was once able to get 'laid-up' insurance for cars which were not in use, but I can't find any company that will now offer this option. I want to cover the car for theft, damage by vandalism or fire, but obviously don't need third party insurance while the car is stationary on the drive. I had considered allowing the policy to lapse, but after a time I don't want to take the risk of losing my no-claims bonus.

Anyone know a company that offers laid-up insurance? Any other advice?

I should add that this is *my* car and, although I don't drive it, I do drive my partner's vehicle.